Real Life Horror Movie

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MacPhantom
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Real Life Horror Movie

Post by MacPhantom » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Did you ever wake up one morning and realize you are living in a real life horror movie? What if someone told you a year ago that kids all over the country would miss a year of school? That a virus would infect millions of people world-wide, and kill hundreds of thousands? That you would go to the grocery store in May and wouldn't be able to find a single roll of toilet paper... not even the cheap stuff that balls up and tears apart when it gets wet, and... well, so... anyway.....

Did you ever have that dream where all your teeth in your mouth are crumbling and falling out, and then you wake up all relieved that it was only a nightmare, but then you're eating a chicken wing and you chip a tooth on it, not a huge chip, just a little rough spot really, but still... chipped on a chicken wing?!?

Did you ever lean over your daughter's shoulder to see what she's drawing, and she holds up a picture of a guy with a sad frowny face and red crayon marks all over him, and she says "That's you Daddy, and you're sad because you got hurt at work by a bus", and you don't even work with or near or tangentially related to buses?!?

You know that feeling you get when you're really tired from a day of work, and you pull back the blanket on your bed, and there is a nasty black spider on the sheet as big as a quarter, and when the light hits it it runs under your pillow, and even though you tear your bed apart and flip the mattress up against the wall, you can't find it, and you know at some point you are going to have to lie down somewhere and try to sleep, but as soon as you do you know you are gonna feel those legs on your cheek?

Have you ever been married to a charming, beautiful, brilliant, kind, and alluring woman who from time to time reminds you of her family history, which includes two poisonings and a guy who mysteriously died when he just so happened to fall down some steps, and his wife had nothing to do with it she assures you with a cute little wink... or is that a devious narrowing of the eyes..??….and did you leave a pile of socks on the bed and forget to put them away in the sock drawer before you went to bed..??? and why was the fresh bottle of water on your night table already open, and did it taste funny???!??!?!??? :shock:

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Real Life Horror Movie

Post by witchy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:23 am

I miss Ciuim!! :alien:

You to Mac and don't died mysteriously, lol! :wink:

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:52 am

The spider one always gets me.

It's almost as unsettling as already being in bed, rolling over onto your back, and seeing a sider on the ceiling directly over your face.

...and who's the a**hole that thought that this was a good idea?!...pardon my French.

https://flyech.com/product/Tarantula-CL ... gJsaPD_BwE
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:33 pm

Andybev01 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:52 am The spider one always gets me.

It's almost as unsettling as already being in bed, rolling over onto your back, and seeing a sider on the ceiling directly over your face.

...and who's the a**hole that thought that this was a good idea?!...pardon my French.

https://flyech.com/product/Tarantula-CL ... gJsaPD_BwE
Ohhh, I love it!! I don't get the fear of them, they are so cute!!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:48 am

Interesting concept. I think there was an episode of the 1980s revised "Twilight Zone" where a kid who's disillusioned with the real world would much prefer that life be more like a movie, and he gets his wish.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:25 am

Already in June, I saw a meme where someone asked, "Can we just put up the tree already and stick a fork in 2020?"

I was sentimental when my daughter graduated college last year. Now I think, Thank God she did.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 pm

I saw that meme, too and I'm inclined to agree. 2020 has proven pretty much to be one of the lousiest in history due to Covid and due to this stinking election. There have been a few redeeming qualities, though. At least Halloween is on a Saturday and on the night of a full moon. I just hope 'Election Fever' doesn't obliterate the holiday all together.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:31 am

When we took our road trip earlier this month, it was evident that many other people were doing the same thing. It was like a 1950s/60s summer, everybody driving to see America.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am

We did a lot of family road trips back in the 60s. Minnesota was our family favorite. I might actually swing by there just for 'giggles.'

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 pm

I have never been to Minnesota. Most of the states I have never seen are pretty far north, though I did see MT, ID, OR, and a slice of WA for the first time this trip.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Hawaii, Alaska and Maine are the only 3 states I haven't at least driven through in my life time. I SO want to drive up to Alaska before I croak, and while I can't drive to Hawaii, I sure would like to go there, rent a car, and drive around there. I bet there are a few 'haunted road trip' photo ops there.

I know Maine and Alaska are both rife with haunted photo opps.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Wow, you have really gotten around! I still need to do Alaska, Hawaii, New England (all of it), Minnesota, Michigan, and both Dakotas. There are some others I would like to see better.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:15 pm

I forgot Wisconsin. Never been there, either.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:47 pm

I hear that you can get a hotel rate for next to nothing in Kenosha right now.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 pm

One must be darn careful where they travel to these days. I do NOT want to run into any riots in my travels.

Mike