Halloween toys

Discussion of general Halloween topics
TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween toys

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:20 pm

I think one of the most awesome things about being a parent is that it keeps you young. I've been collecting Halloween stuff for years, but it wasn't until I had kids that I started visiting the toy aisles again. While out shopping one day, we came across a toy with a pumpkin head and the girls thought it was fun, so I got it for them. That got us started collecting Halloween related toys. I went on ebay and was surprised to find just how much was out there, and how much some of it can go for. I guess it's a good thing that my mother held on to my Universal Monsters and Ghostbusters toys from when I was a kid, although I do let the girls play with them sometimes. I also collect toys from horror movies, but I keep them in a different room away from the kids because they're too realistic and expensive. The toys I'm going to show in this post are kid friendly, and the girls keep them in their room.

In this post I'll show the Disney Halloween Droids, and various pumpkin head toys. If anyone here has any Halloween toys they want to show, go ahead and post them here.

pic 1 - These are the Disney Halloween Star Wars Droids, they are only available at Disney theme parks, they have released a new one each year starting in 2016. We usually go on vacation every year to get these, but we didn't go this year because of the current world situation, so I just got it online for them. They also made Droids for other holidays but we won't cover them here. In order they are -

2016 R2-BOO - This one has a Halloween color scheme.

2017 R3-BOO17 - This one glows in the dark, and goes for some insane prices now.

2018 R4-BOO18 - This one looks like candy corn.

2019 R5-BOO19 - This one has white parts like bones that glow in the dark.

2020 BB-BOO20 - This one looks like a pumpkin.

The last Droid isn't a official Halloween Droid, and it doesn't have a name, but it does have a clear dome and Halloween colors. I think it was supposed to be sold at Disney theme parks this year, but you can currently find them at your local Target store if you're looking for a special treat for the kids.

pic 2 - Samhain from Ghostbusters, and Jack O' Lantern the Spider-Man villain.

pic 3 - Headless Horseman from Scooby Doo, and various toys including Hero Mashers Monsters Sir Jack-O-Lanternus, a pumpkin head guy with no name from Imaginext, and Hollow Head from Fortnite.

100_2078 a.JPG
100_2078 a.JPG (270.28 KiB) Viewed 9416 times
100_2038 a.JPG
100_2038 a.JPG (354.45 KiB) Viewed 9416 times
100_2061 a.JPG
100_2061 a.JPG (375.51 KiB) Viewed 9416 times

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Re: Halloween toys

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:05 pm

The Halloween toys I miss the most are those plastic models I use to assemble back in the early 70s. I had The Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Bar, The Hunch Back of Notredame, Frankenstein and The Mummy. I use to put those out as decorations every Halloween until I was 17. That was the year we moved to New Lenox, and my mom told me I was "a little old' for such childish things, and told me to throw them in the garbage. I gave them to the kid who lived across the street from us, instead. WHAT A WAIST!!!!

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 am

I actually have some of those old monster models from the 60's and 70's. I got a few of them from my uncle, and others I got over the years online. They can go for big bucks now, I hope the kid you gave them to appreciated them.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Other than some Halloween beanie babies, I don't think I have ever gotten Halloween toys for my kids. What a fun idea to collect them!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 am

Closest I ever got to Halloween toys were Pez dispensers.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:09 am

Murfreesboro wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:26 pm Other than some Halloween beanie babies, I don't think I have ever gotten Halloween toys for my kids. What a fun idea to collect them!
Yeah, my girls have a few of the Halloween Beanie Babies as well. I think collecting with your kids makes it more fun, my favorite thing about it is watching their excitement every time they get something new as they run over to put it with their collection. For some reason, they gravitate towards holiday related toys more than regular toys. I think it's more special to them.

Andybev01 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 am Closest I ever got to Halloween toys were Pez dispensers.
We have some of those too. The girls saw your post and wanted me to take a pic for them, so here it is.
Attachments
100_2087.JPG
100_2087.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 9341 times

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Headless Horseman, I sure wish I still had mine. I actually saw some of them go at auction for hundreds of dollars. Some times parents do make bad decisions. I always thought those plastic models made great Halloween decorations, even if I WAS 17 and seemingly too old for them.

Mike