Why is this board so dead this year??

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Why is this board so dead this year??

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:09 am

Wouldn't that have been fun!

I was traveling with my two adult sons, and we were ripping through the country, because one of them had only 15 days for the whole road trip. We put 10,840 miles on a rental car and passed through 15 states. And we were making it up as we went along. One of them would call ahead to a hotel while we were en route. We never knew exactly which town we would be staying in. One time we stayed on an Indian reservation in Wyoming (Wind River, Sheshone/Arapahoe), though we didn't realize it until the next morning. It was 2020, and most of the hotels had intense Covid protocols in place, but that one was a free-for-all at the breakfast bar, etc. Of course, L&C never saw Wyoming, but we departed from their route long enough to take in the big parks, which we'd never seen. Yellowstone has a connection to one of their men, John Colter, because he stayed behind on the way home to trap beaver and stumbled into it. When he got back to civilization and tried to tell people about it, nobody believed him. We had four nights in Wyoming and four nights in Oregon, so those were the two highlights for us. After Wyoming, I was worried that nothing else would measure up, but Oregon did not disappoint. We stayed in Portland, Astoria, Florence (I think), and Klamath Falls after seeing Crater Lake.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:04 am

Florence is where that photo was taken.

It's the town where my brothers cabin is.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:41 am

Wow. Yes, it is close to the coast. That was the day we drove down that coastal highway from Astoria to Florence. We stopped to see the coastal dunes. I might not have remembered the name of the town, but it happens to be my middle name, also my mother's and grandmother's, and my daughter's. So, a big name with us.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 pm

That's awesome that your family has passed on the same name through the generations.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:13 pm

Thanks. Yeah, we sort of mine the family tree when we name our young'uns.