Halloween dreams and nightmares

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween dreams and nightmares

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 pm

I also have weird dreams from time to time. Believe it or not, I had a dream on night, about a couple of years back, that I was in my childhood home on Drake Street, I was watching "Little House on the Prairie" on the tv we had in the Livingroom at that time (which would be mid 70s) and our Irish Setter, Shamrock, snuggled up to me.

Go figure.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:23 pm

I dream about.... Witches believe it or not, I am pretty sure one of my ancestors was one of them, lol!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:15 pm

Horseman, they ARE still concerned about us and they STILL Love us. Just because they can't eat dinner with us or shake our hands doesn't mean that they no longer exist. I even have had dreams about dead pets from my past. Go figure.

Andy, that makes sense as that often happens to older people. My father told me some 'woppers' of dreams he had about co workers from the 1920s and 1930s, Mode T Fords, his late Uncle who was shot to death by mistake by one of Al Capone's guys, and it goes on and on and on.

MIke

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:54 am

I absolutely believe in the afterlife, and I know that our relatives are still with us.

I think one of my favorite dreams that I have often is about my grandmother, she was a sweet and kind woman that died when I was in my 20s, so she didn't get to meet my kids. In my dreams I talk to her about my kids, I tell her how they are doing, or about the things they love to do. Sometimes I've seen her with my kids, she plays with them and reads to them, and she even makes brownies for them just like she did for us when we were kids. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, or maybe on some cosmic level unknown to us it's a different reality where everyone is together.

As for dreaming about being a kid again, I think that is perfectly normal as I often have dreams like that.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:19 pm

Well, I don't know what's happening with halloween.com today, but it's not letting me bold, color and enlarge my texts, so I'll have to ask everyone's pardon for the plain text.

HeadlessHOrseman, I often see my loved ones, but I don't always dream that I'm a kid again. In fact, I am usually an adult, but the places where I meet with them in my dreams. St. Christina's Church or St. Christina's School, Mt. Greenwood Park, Glen Germany's a.k.a. Dressels; all the places we knew and love about home back in the day. But I do, on occasion, dream about being a kid again.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:15 pm

A bit of beef, a piece of cheese, or a fragment of an underdone potato.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:21 am

Bah...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:00 pm

I do have to admit, when I was a kid, and I ate something heavy right before going to bed, I did have nightmares because of it. I don't remember anything specific nightmare I had, but I was always careful of what I ate as it got closer to bed time. I still have to do that now, because of acid reflux.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:18 pm

I pop famotadine like they're tic tacs. Getting old sucks, but I guess it beats the alternative.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:48 pm

I take an Ameprezol once a day as per my doctors orders, but the main thing is I don't eat anything right before going to bed for the night or too close to that time. If I stop eating around 8 or so I'm usually okay,. But I totally agree with you. I just had 3 teeth pulled out of my head in as many months, my gastric bypass will only allow for so much, so eating takes time and patience. So again, I totally agree. Getting old is no day at the Harvest Moon Drive-In by any means.

Mike