Halloween dreams and nightmares

Discussion of general Halloween topics
TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween dreams and nightmares

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:09 am

I know this is a unusual subject, but I was wondering if anyone else here ever has any Halloween related dreams or nightmares?

Believe it or not, I often have dreams about Halloween, at least once every few months, and sometimes as often as a few times in a month. Most of them are fun, usually I dream about being a kid again and going trick-or-treating or I'm a adult and doing something else fun for the holiday, but sometimes I have Halloween nightmares where I'm fighting Vampires, Werewolves, or Zombies on the holiday, sometimes it's in a cemetery or a school or in the city.

The other night I had a Halloween nightmare that was just disturbing to me, it's going to be a bit long, so you don't have to read it, but if any of you have had any Halloween related dreams or nightmares, please post them here, I would like to hear about them.

Well, here goes... It was Halloween night, I was taking my girls, Sam and Phoebe, trick-or-treating. At first it started out normal, we were having fun as they went door to door getting candy, then Sam and I were looking at the amazing decorations, and when we turned around we couldn't find Phoebe. The streets became quiet and there were other kids and parents wondering what happened, some parents didn't know where their kids were, and some kids couldn't find their parents. It was a few minutes of people yelling out for their family members, and then we heard the loudest scream you could imagine coming from the distance, and then there were more screams, people started to run toward us to get away from something but we couldn't tell what it was yet. As they got closer, we saw they were running from Zombies, and they weren't your regular slow Zombies but the rage infected kind like in the movie 28 Days Later.

My immediate reaction was to get Sam to a safe place, so we started to run with the other people towards the houses, we pounded on the doors but nobody would let us in. We saw one of the infected running right for us, so I grabbed a chair from the porch and shoved the chair legs right into his chest, he fell over and then we ran into the garage and slammed the door behind us. It was four of us in there, a woman and her son, and Sam and myself. We could hear the screams coming from outside, I started looking for something we could use to defend against the infected and found a axe and some other tools we could use as weapons. The infected were banging on the garage and I knew we had to get out of there if we wanted to survive, so the woman and I grabbed the weapons and we went out swinging, nailing the infected as we were trying to get away.

We were going down the street when I saw Phoebe running the other direction, we ran after her and as I turned the corner I stopped dead in my tracks. There she was, my baby, staring back at me with the most twisted demonic look on her face, the image was even more horrifying because of her cute bunny costume. It felt like a hour went by, but it was only a few seconds, then she ran towards me screaming, she tackled me and she was trying to bite my face, I threw her to the ground but she jumped right back up and tried to bite me, the woman that was with us gave her a big whack and she went flying onto the lawn. We ran to one of the houses and the people let us in, but before we could close the door, Phoebe was pushing her way through, her little hand clawing at my leg, one of the people in the house had a bat and he hit her arm, and we were able to shut the door.

She continued to pound on the door, then more of the infected showed up, they surrounded the house. There were about ten of us in the house, and we ran upstairs and into the bedrooms to get away from them. Someone conveniently found some guns under the bed, it makes you wonder what type of people lived there, so we loaded them and stood at the top of the stairs. We could hear them banging on the windows and then they got through. As they ran to the stairs we started firing at them, but they kept on coming, we were running out of ammo, so we ran back to the bedroom where the kids were, but before I could get there one of the infected jumped at me and knocked the gun out of my hand, one of the other adults shot the infected to help me, then I turned around and saw Phoebe coming at me, and Sam picked up the gun that I dropped and then she shot Phoebe, I screamed out and then the nightmare was over.

I woke up and my heart was pounding, I got up and went to check on the girls and they were fine. I know it was just a nightmare but it felt so real, I didn't tell my wife and kids about it, and I'm not going to, but I know that this is one nightmare I won't ever forget as long as I live.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Re: Halloween dreams and nightmares

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:35 pm

That must have been scary, and definitely influenced by the movies as was a dream I had when I was living in Dwight Illinois.

It was shortly after my house burned down. It was not a Halloween dream per se, but definitely worthy of the kind of a movie one would screen on Halloween.

I was in the apartment I was renting at the time. It was just barely the beginning of Spring, but the weather was unseasonably warm. There was construction work going on outside, and a ladder was put up to my window. A child of about 4 or 5 climbed up the ladder, and pointed to a tricycle in the corner of my living room and said "that's mine. Could you please give it back to me." Then the tricycle started going crazy, rolling all over the living room and dancing around the room like something from "The Exorcist." Then the child came into the room, only it transformed into a demon right before my eyes
I grabbed the demon by the neck and it chocked out the words "Lord take him to HELL!" I started to squeeze the demon's neck harder and harder until it broke, and an orange ooze came out of where the skin broke. It oozed all over my hands. It had no odor, nor did it burn the skin. It just felt like slime, and it was cold.

Then I woke up.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:26 am

That was a creepy nightmare Mike, I've had a few nightmares with demon kids before and they are always disturbing. I think you're right that movies can influence dreams, I couldn't tell you how many times I have had dreams related to a movie I recently watched.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:21 pm

After that particular dream, I was seriously considering bringing the church into it. I'm not kidding, this was just 3 or 4 months after my house burned down, and I thought there might have been that sort of an influence at work.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:53 am

I know this might be a touchy subject for you, so I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but I was wondering if they ever found out what caused the fire?

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:50 pm

It's only a touchy subject for me because I felt so stupid when I was told that the fire was most likely caused by a mislaid lit cigarette. (Yes, unfortunately I do smoke) It was late at night, I was very sleepy and apparently If forgot I had lit it and it slipped down behind the cushion of my chair. By the time I could smell the smoke it was too late. When the arson investigator the probably cause, I felt like the dumbest guy this side of Halloween Town.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:31 pm

I'm just glad that you made it out of there safely, and that you're doing better now. I don't know about anyone else, but I have always enjoyed reading your posts, your opinion and passion has made me smile on multiple occasions, and it's been a pleasure interacting with you since I've joined the forum. Honestly, this forum just wouldn't be the same without you.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:01 pm

That's very nice of you to say, Horseman. I enjoy a lot of your posts, too and it seems you and I are the only ones participating in my "pick & choose' game so far. Maybe things will pickup a little later in the year, or when it gets closer to "Little Halloween" which is Friday May 13th this year.

Mike.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:21 am

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.

I know usually it's yourself, Andy, and Murfreesboro that are the regulars here, though I don't think she has been here since last summer, so it's mostly you and Andy posting here now, and I'm the odd man out and I try to show up when I can. As I said before, it looks like forums are going the way of the dinosaur, and last year at the beginning of the season a few people showed up and posted, but most of them didn't come back by Halloween, so hopefully it will get busy here again this year, and maybe we will even get some fresh blood posting.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:49 pm

I certainly hope so. We need some new blood here, and we also need to see some of the old blood come back.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:49 pm

Dude, that dream about your kids turning into zombies is truly terrifying. The thing you love the most.....

Most people have re-occurring nightmares which are a manifestation of daily anxieties during sleep, and frequently have nothing to do with the things that actually inspire them. Being late for class, even after you have long since left school behind, is a common one. For many years, and even to this day, my most common anxiety dream is that it is 5:30 pm on October 31st, and I suddenly realize what day it is, and that I don't know where my Phantom costume is, and that I haven't bought any candy, and then I realize I haven't put up any decorations, not even a strand of orange lights, and then I look out the window and I start to see the first trick or treaters out in the street.........and that is usually when I wake up in a cold sweat and realize it is 3am in April, and that I forgot to print out that RGA before I left work!

What a fudgeknuckling nightmare!!!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:57 pm

My recurring dream is about zombies.

Always zombies.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon May 09, 2022 6:21 pm

Actually, I believe that dreams can be number of things. They could be warnings, for instance. They can be contacts from you dearly departed loved ones. I often see my late brother, and my father in dreams.

Think about it.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue May 10, 2022 10:43 pm

I agree, I've had dreams where I'm talking with dead relatives about current things going on, so in a way it's like they are still here with us.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:43 am

Lately I've had dreams featuring people from my past, co-workers etc, that were barely on my radar at the time we worked for the same company, and have not seen or thought about for decades.

It's very remarkable.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.