"LITTLE HALLOWEEN" THIS FRIDAY!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: "LITTLE HALLOWEEN" THIS FRIDAY!!

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:58 pm

I'm afraid slowing down is all part of the gambit we all run when we get older. I'm almost 63. My typing skills are not even close to what they use to be. I was actually able to bang out words faster on a manual typewriter when I was a young man, then I can on a computer keyboard now. I eat very slow, I move very slow, it takes me longer to get myself situated, and there's NOTHING WORSE then being frustrated with myself.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:58 am

Amen, Mike; preachin' to the choir.

I retired in January and now all that I seem to want to do is drive around in rush hour traffic with my left blinker on, in the fast lane, doing 45mph for the fun of it.

That could be a metaphor but I do have that kind of flinty sense of humor.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:53 pm

Hang in there!!

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:37 pm

Okay, I want to slow down just a little, what and how are you guys getting this done, lol? I am so busy I can't think straight some days. I can't wait to retire!!!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:29 am

I'd like to say that I pulled off an Ocean's 11, but then I'd have to delete this account and go into hiding.

2 decades+ of Silicon Valley insane, 24/7/365.25, living left me financially and physically destitute...but I do treasure the time I spent there and the true friends that I made.

So I moved north, back to the PNW, and spent 5 years spooling down, only to discover that the go go go life took a toll on me.

So I lawered-up, gathered all of the pertinent documents and successfully navigated the rough waters of gub'ment bureaucracy, to land on the quiet shores of early retirement.

I'm not wealthy by any definition, but have security and improving heath for as long as I can sustain it.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Andybev01 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:29 am I'd like to say that I pulled off an Ocean's 11, but then I'd have to delete this account and go into hiding.
Honestly, if you did pull a heist you could tell us, there's only about 5 people here that would even read it and I doubt any of us would rat you out, I know I wouldn't. :D

On a serious note though, it sounds like a interesting story but I understand why you can't go into details on it for legal reasons. As long as you're happy and healthy that should be the only thing that matters now.

I don't get the whole retiring thing, I know most people look forward to it, but I love my job and if I had my way I would do it until the day I die, but I'm sure they will try to force me out of there when I reach retirement age.

I was hoping that my girls would take over the business when I go, but I don't think they would be interested in it, though I could be wrong about that as they are still young and might feel differently when they grow up.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:51 am

That could be a storyline from one of those great 80s prime time dramas like Dallas or Dynasty.

All you want to do is spend more time with your spouse in your twilight years, but the kids keep dragging you into their web of intrigue as they battle each other in hostile takeover shenanigans.

Big houses, fast cars and witless subordinates all around.