Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: It looks like the Halloween season is starting early this year

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:25 am

On my walk around my neighborhood yesterday morning, I saw a small sign, apparently wooden, stuck into someone's front yard. It was a smiling ghost holding up the message, "Boo," in black and white.

Now, many of my neighbors celebrate Halloween elaborately, and one or two keep a skeleton on their porches year-round. But I noticed this sign because it was new. The house has sold since last holiday season, and for most of this year it has been subject to intense cleaning/remodeling. So whoever put this little ghost-greeter out is a new neighbor.

I was surprised by it because it is quite early to start decorating for Halloween, August 8 or perhaps the 7th. I'll keep watch to see if anything more appears before the spooky season.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:50 pm

Just read on a Better Homes and Gardens site that IKEA is stocking lots of Halloween decor now, apparently for the first time.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:15 pm

When I moved here there were a bunch of people that decorated for Halloween, now I'm the only person on the block that still does, though almost everybody around here still decorates for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, some places here already had out Christmas stuff last month. I'm sure that by Oct. we will have Easter decorations on the shelf.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:49 pm

Lol

I haven't seen anything Christmas yet. I did see that one of my neighbors had put out autumnal decorations today (not Halloween, but fall banners, etc.). We pant for autumn around here because the summers can be so brutal, and often it doesn't start feeling like fall until mid-Oct.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:45 am

Yeah. I just saw a post on r/Halloween where Target was already planting Christmas decorations, even before Halloween.

I miss the days when I could spend October hunting Halloween decorations. Now, if you wait till October, all the good stuff is gone.