*sigh*

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: *sigh*

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 am

My daughter does origami. She would have loved those papers from Japan.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:25 pm

I find origami meditative.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:45 am

I've never done it, but I suppose it could be. She does some pretty intricate things and sometimes finds it quite challenging.

Once she did a simple design, a crane, 1,000 times and framed them. That's supposed to bring luck, I think.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 pm

That's the tradition.

They are used used at weddings, hung from the ceiling.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:57 am

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet, but I'm hoping to at least get some decorations out by the end of this weekend.
Unfortunately, I damaged my tire rim on my car hitting a rock on one of the backroads to work so I am once again without a vehicle. So, I'm left waiting to see how much that'll cost. Since the car is old anyway they're going to put a used rim on. I don't mind at all, since that'll be a cheaper fix. We took it to a different garage this time, but they like to be closed during Thanksgiving break so I'm left waiting.
Such is life though, but our workplace is giving us a bonus this year so that'll help at least.
It's just been a rough year all around. But the worst part was losing Dommy. :( After we lost him, the car situation just didn't bother me as much. It's a pain but, car parts can be replaced. Beloved pets can't.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:49 pm

I'm sorry for your car trouble, Mau. There is never a good time for that. I hope you can enjoy Thanksgiving, anyway.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:41 pm

Indeed it's not, Murf. But at least I got out of there in one piece. Being on a back road with a lot of drop offs, it could have been a much worse situation. There's part of the road I drive on without a guard rail and a steep cliff right into a river.
But fortunately, I was able to make it to a church where I could pull over before my car started to tug and pull on me. I pulled over and noticed the tire was flat. So I called my boyfriend and he came to get me and bring me to work, and he called a tow. Car's been sitting at a garage ever since.
My boyfriend later told me the rim was bent, which is what caused the flat tire. So I'll be replacing the rim and the tire it looks like. I'm hoping they can just replace the one tire, but a lot of times garages like to replace those in pairs at least, if not the whole set. I can understand the pairs so the car can sit even, but I really don't want to replace them all right now.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:15 pm

Oh, wow, you're right about the drop offs in that part of the country. Scary stuff! I hope it doesn't cost you too much.