I Took A Picture Of A Ghost

Do you have *real* ghost photos or unexplained photos? This is the section for it.
MacPhantom
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: I Took A Picture Of A Ghost

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

A photo of Andy looking "cute" would also be adequate proof of the existence of the unnatural world.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 pm

MacPhantom wrote:A series of photographs showing a ghost turning on and off a battery tap light would be extremely persuasive, even to a skeptical atheist like me. But they'd have to show both the ghost and the tap light clearly.

Well that explains alot!! :wink: And Mac your a mess!!

I still believe in ghosts or spirits, sometimes you just have to let go of all your inhibition and just jump!!
:D

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 pm

"Laugh it up fuzzball." - Han Solo
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:44 pm

*makes Wookie noise*

There isn't anything inherently wrong with belief, just as there isn't anything inherently wrong with brussels sprouts. It's just that neither appeal to me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm

MacPhantom wrote:*makes Wookie noise*

There isn't anything inherently wrong with belief, just as there isn't anything inherently wrong with brussels sprouts. It's just that neither appeal to me.

Well I guess I can still hang with you anyways!! Ha ha ha!! :wink:

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Yay!!! :o

Witches and Heretics should hang together, because they've hanged enough of us in the past!!!

Uath
Crypt Keeper

Post by Uath » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:50 pm

The supernatural can never be proven. That's why it's up to opinion.

In paranormal circles, more and more emphasis is given to extra dimensional manefestations. Einstein proved that gravity isn't simply one object attracting another, but rather objects distorting space. I always use the bowling ball analogy (I'm a science teacher). If you put a bowling ball on a trampoline, it creates a dish-shped indention. Now, if you roll a tennis ball toward the bowling ball, it will become trapped in the bowling ball's indention. That's how gravity works and we really have no idea about it. I really don't think anyone actually understands gravity. When we do, our energy problems will be over.
If our universe exists as a plane, then it only makes sense that other dimensional planes exist around us. Supernatural manifestations might be coming, not from the world of the undead, but from dimensional intrusions.
Our minds can't comprehend another dimension. It's a color we can't see, a sound we can't hear. Thus, when we encounter it, we put it in images we can understand, like Bigfoot, and Mothman, and UFO's, and ghosts.
If you read true accounts of paranormal sightings, you'll notice that there's a definite element of "Weird" associated with them. People who report them usually recall a feeling of strangeness. It's not like me describing a strange-looking dog. It's more emotional. They FEEL weird.

It's all fun. Nobody's going to prove anything. But it's fun to think about.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm

8)
Last edited by witchy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

MacPhantom wrote:Yay!!! :o

Witches and Heretics should hang together, because they've hanged enough of us in the past!!!

Well it's better than being burned!! Ha ha ha!! Smart axx!! :lol:

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree that it certainly is fun to think about and discuss!

I'm not quite sure what the bowling ball on a trampoline analogy has to do with the theory of parallel dimensions, or how the lack of a universal understanding of the nature and function of gravity would prove that there are multiple planes of existence. Saying that something "makes sense" and proving that it exists are two distinctly different things. In fact, you make this point yourself in describing the emotional response of individuals experiencing what they believe to be paranormal phenomena. The concession that responses or experiences of such phenomena tend to be more emotional than tangible strongly indicates that the phenomena are the result of things happening in the brain of the experiencer, rather than an external event. You say our minds can't comprehend another dimension, but I would argue that "another dimension" is merely a creation of our minds, designed to explain things happening in our own minds which our own minds can't comprehend.

Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and alien life forms should not, in my opinion, be lumped together with ghosts, because they are things that, if they exist, are tangible and exist in the natural world, but are currently undiscovered. Ghosts, on the other hand, are a manifestation of all the traits of self or personhood, but without the physical apparatus (a brain) to create and connect them. If Bigfoot exists, that doesn't fundamentally change our understanding of life or biology; it just means an undiscovered species has been found. If ghosts exist, on the other hand, it means that the mind is more than a function of the brain, that life is more than the chemical reactions of the body, and that personhood is more than who we think we are. It has more than scientific ramifications; it has philosophical and psychological ones as well. It is also far more difficult to prove than the existence of a cryptozoological creature.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Mac majored in philosophy?

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:38 pm

I had a paranormal experience. A long story with a lot of small stories. Bottom line is I lived in a 115yr old farm house that had many many odd habbits.

I lived there 4 years. From ages 25-29. I never saw anything before that house, never after I moved out.

I am a skeptic, but ( a science thing): Energy cannot be created or destroued, only transformed.

I am always looking.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Andybev01 wrote:Mac majored in philosophy?

Touche!! 8)

Shanda, I am alway looking too, you just never know!!!

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Mac, how old are you really? 300 years old? :lol: I just had a vision of the scientist guy from Back To the Future! :lol:
The Night HE Came Home

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 pm

hehehe...

I think Mac is actually from a parallel dimension and is attempting to protect his cover by trying to convince us otherwise by utilizing his greatest asset, obfuscation!!