Opinions Needed

Do you have *real* ghost photos or unexplained photos? This is the section for it.
SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Opinions Needed

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:09 pm

First let me say that I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in spirits but ghosts are just a phenomenon that I cannot identify with. (No lecture, not looking for a discussion, just giving a preface to this inquiry.)

At the risk of sounding down right funny, my mother believes she has a ghost in her house. My sister and several of her friends have experienced the ghost in some way and now my mom claims she cannot ignore it any longer. What's weird to me is there is no previous resident of my parent's house. I know of no reason why a ghost would be linked to this location. Nobody in my family has experienced a loss in the past 12 months. They all claim not to know this man or what he wants. I told her to ask him his name and why he is there but she said she's actually afraid he would answer her! At this point I think my mom is just being crazy. (She has an active imagination but she is not one to ever pull a prank.)

So she shows me this photo she snapped of their front porch. She saw him and snapped the photo right away and was surprised to find something there. She's a photographer so her camera is always handy. The first photo has not been altered in any way. I played with the brightness and contrast in the second photo to make the object in question obvious.

What are your thoughts?
P5150017.JPG
P5150017.JPG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 18662 times
P5150018.JPG
P5150018.JPG (132.97 KiB) Viewed 18662 times
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Opinions Needed

Post by witchy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm

It kinda look like something is in the photo, but if you mom believe it, I would trust her, wierder thing have happened. Good luck!!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:55 am

Very eerie photo! I am sure your mom really felt she saw it, and she did well documenting what she thought she witnessed.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:59 pm

It's hard for me to tell that something is there. But I'm also one that doesn't really believe in ghosts either. I've experienced odd things, but I usually don't put much into it. I have no doubt though that you're mother is seeing something and believes in what she is seeing. Is it possible that the energy that she is feeding into these occurances/appearances is making them stronger to her? I'm not suggesting she's losing it, but do you think it may be kind of like that 'feeding the beast' theory? And if she's afraid of talking to whatever she believes is in her house, have you tried for her, if for no other reason than to just ease her mind? Or do you think that perhaps she is the most sensitive to it? This is very curious.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 pm

I I wouldn't say your mom has an active imagination. Chances are your mom is more sensitive to the paranormal. I know because I am and so is my oldest son. My youngest son, laughs at us and thinks were nuts. Not to mention, that three of us have had our own paranormal experiences. The youngest, til this day hasn't had any, which is why he thinks it's absurd. Tell your mom to submit this photo to TAPS aka Ghosthunters. They have a website where people / fans can submit photos for their review and they'll give you feed back.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 pm

That's a good tip and a good point ramaries. I think it's difficult for those of us who never see or hear anything to fully comprehend what those who can experience. I can imagine it's difficult for those who do experience things to make themselves understood to those who can't. Perhaps if someone for an eye for this kind of thing analyses the photo, they can offer an explanation to SpookyblackKat's mother.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:11 pm

I know, they can most definitely tell her ,if , it's an anomaly of some sortl I'm curious to hear what they tell her. Hey maybe they'll come out and do an investigation at her home! Who knows?! :lol: