Ghost Looking In Window

Do you have *real* ghost photos or unexplained photos? This is the section for it.
Uath
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Ghost Looking In Window

Post by Uath » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:44 pm

ChaosChick
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Ghost Looking In Window

Post by ChaosChick » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Ummm.... I don't want to be a buzzkill, but with all the fuzziness and the poor quality, what am I looking at? I might see a ghost, but there is nothing that really.... er.... I can't tell.
Happy Radical

666daGorehound666
Master Reaper

Post by 666daGorehound666 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:21 pm

IT LOOKS MORE LIKE MOTHMAN!!!!!!

zurkan
Ghost

Post by zurkan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 am

I posted these over at another forum... but I thought I'd share 'em here too-- since we all enjoy the same things. These are some photos of creepy places I've been and/or places my family has taken photos for me. I have more... but... not uploaded at this time...
sara

teresafidalgo
Ghost

Post by teresafidalgo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:51 am

Really Werid.

HorrorHorror4
Ghost

Post by HorrorHorror4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 pm

The site isn't loading for me.

Voskhod02
Zombie

Post by Voskhod02 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 am

It's down for me as well, I get an error message (it looks like one, at least) in an Asian language, and that's all.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 am

I think it is just a web site that is gone and someone else has something there. Maybe archive.org has it.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Voskhod02
Zombie

Post by Voskhod02 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:19 am

Okay, it does look like it, I'll try to search for that on waybackmachine or something similar. Thanks for the tip!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am

I actually thought I had a ghost photo once. It wasn't really a ghost, but orbs. I was taking photos along a purportedly haunted stretch of old Route 66 when it happened. Then I noticed those same orbs in other photos that I shot in places that were not supposedly haunted. As it turned out, the 'orbs' in question were caused by a few specks of dust on my CMOS chip.

Also, in this day and age of photo shop and online fakery, I tend to be skeptical. As for the link posted above, all I was able to get was that "hmm" error message again. I tried it 3 times just to be sure so I think Halloween.com is right. The web site is probably defunct.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:15 am

Did I ever tell you guys about the time we were working in a really old hotel here in town? The Hotel Del Coronado. Well known to be haunted. A buddy I was working with was from out of town, and I was telling him the story of the ghost. He refused to believe anything I said.

Towards the end of the job, the building engineer let us go up into the main dome above the ballroom. Back in the old cowboy days it was a catwalk which looked out over the stage but was since closed off by a ceiling. The inside of this dome is something very few people get to see. I started taking pictures of the old construction. My buddy saw me taking these pictures, standing right next to me. In some of the pictures you could see the windows on the outside of the dome.

Me, being the evil photoshopper that I am, I took one of the pictures of a window with a chair in front of it and placed a transparent image of a Victorian woman sitting in the chair. Emailed the photo to my buddy and said he'll never believe what I caught. He was astonished! He saw me taking the pictures and that lady was not there at the time. Not to mention it's obviously a ghost. To this day, some 15 years later, he still believes the picture was real.

Unfortunately, the advent of photoshop makes all such images suspect but I've had a lot of fun with this one. Gotta wonder how many people he's showed the picture to. I'm sure it's helped add to the aura of the Hotel Del being haunted. My bad.

Here's the image I created. Can't believe I still have it.

DSC0009b.jpg
DSC0009b.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 28936 times

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Halloween fakery doesn't bother me at all. We all do it to an extent. I 'photo shopped' a few of my Bartonville Insane Asylum photos a few years back (before the fire of 15) to use as a Halloween decoration, but everyone knew it was a fake made for the purpose of decoration. Your photo would also make a great one to hang on the wall in October along with other Halloween decorations.

As for the prank you pulled on your friend, I did something similar. When I lived in Dwight Illinois, I made up a legend about the ghost of Abraham Lincoln's funeral train being sighted rolling down the main railroad tracks through town every April. April of 1865 was when Lincoln was assassinated. Anyway this was before I ever posted anything to the internet, and I had purchased my very first computer. I posted to a message board about it, and the next thing I knew, there were ghost hunters with cameras and a lot of 'looky loos' hanging around the tracks. When I asked what they were doing there they told me they were hoping to catch a vision or a photo of Abraham Lincoln's funeral train.

As far as I know, ghost hunters and 'legend trippers' still flock there every April.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am

You started an urban legend, Mike!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Yes, it appears I did start an urban legend, but I found out a few years later that there are actually abandoned railroad spurs, bridges and the like between Washington DC and Springfield Illinois where Lincoln's funeral train was sighted, and those legends date back a lot further then my little prank did. Oh, by the way, that train actually did pass through that town, which is why I made up that story.

Mike

Voskhod02
Zombie

Post by Voskhod02 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Who knows, maybe one of your uncles or someone in the region had the same idea as you had, just earlier on :lol: I'm willing to bet that most urban legends have started because someone had gullible friends, spooky ideas and too much free time;..