Pre photoshop images

Do you have *real* ghost photos or unexplained photos? This is the section for it.
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Pre photoshop images

Post by NeverMore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am

Not real ghost photos but interesting anyway...

http://io9.com/haunting-spirit-photogra ... -483829568

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Pre photoshop images

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

A lot of those are the zghost book that Mac sent me for the Grim Reaper exchange last year

I don't care if they're obvious fakes, I think they're cool.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Me too, those are cool considering the age they were done in.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

Actualy those are quite good. In the mid 19th century, photography was just comming into it's own, but all the negatives were shot on glass plates. There was no roll film back then. It also took for ever to make a proper exposure, and then the negative had to be processed in highly flamable chemicals. Just shooting and printing one image was a full time job that often involved hours of hard work. Mathew Brady was renouned for his coverage of the American Civil War. This was when fast photography was in it's infancy. The equipment was very bulky and hard to carry. The camera itself shot an 8x10 glass plate negative, and mounting it onto a tripod was like trying to do the same with your car. They were typicaly view cameras, so the photographer focused the image by looking at it upside down on a piece of ground glass. Then he would close the apreature, put in the plate, and then make the exposure, using his best guess as to f stop and shutter speed.

Mike

Sofarris
Ghost

Post by Sofarris » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 am

Very cool considering when they were created. I saw a program on this fairly recently actually, it was just sad and a shame that many of the people actually believed they were being photographed with spirits. It was all so people could make money.