St. Augustine Florida Ghost Tours

List your Haunted Houses and Haunted Attractions. Please include the location, dates it is active, the web site and some descriptive text.
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

St. Augustine Florida Ghost Tours

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:29 am

A fun Halloween-y type attraction is a St. Augustine ghost tour, here is one:

http://www.ghosttoursofstaugustine.com/
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Haunt Master

Re: St. Augustine Florida Ghost Tours

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:09 pm

I do remember you told me about this Ghost Tours... some people saw ghosts, but others don't see ghosts, right?

Are those ghosts real? Or just an imagination?

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 am

I myself haven't ever seen a ghost, but some people swear that they have. I think some of the tours are just imagination, but I don't know if they ALL are.

Haunt Master wrote:I do remember you told me about this Ghost Tours... some people saw ghosts, but others don't see ghosts, right?

Are those ghosts real? Or just an imagination?

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Very interesting.... I wish I would love to go visit there and see myself, so I can tell whether or not the ghosts are real or fake. :lol:

If I ever go on ghost tours, then this would be my very FIRST time visiting there! 8)

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 am

I heard on the news that Nicholas Cage owns a (supposedly) haunted house in New Orleans. It would be interesting to see if it was true or not!

(see http://www.therealestatebloggers.com/20 ... h-quarter/)

Haunt Master wrote:Very interesting.... I wish I would love to go visit there and see myself, so I can tell whether or not the ghosts are real or fake. :lol:

If I ever go on ghost tours, then this would be my very FIRST time visiting there! 8)

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:31 am

Can't believe that Nicolas Cage owns haunted mansion.... Very interesting! I guess maybe one day he wants to make movie with his own haunted mansion, I really don't know... :?

Unicorn988
Ghost

Post by Unicorn988 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 am

some people saw ghosts, but others don't see ghosts, right...??

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Unicorn988 wrote:some people saw ghosts, but others don't see ghosts, right...??
Typical ploy of con men on fake ghost hunts. They promise you'll see a ghost, but if you don't it's your fault for "not being open enough" This way they keep the money and you're left thinking that you have to be more "open" the next time.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:55 pm

....Still, St Augustine is a beautiful city and there is plenty to do and enjoy yourself.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Unicorn988 wrote:some people saw ghosts, but others don't see ghosts, right...??
I don't think anyone saw ghosts. But they said in the past people had seen auras and stuff on film. It all is part of the fun and ambiance.

It is fun to do - I've done them in Key West and elsewhere - and it is cool to see the places at night. Particularly if it is a beautiful evening. We did one in Key West on Christmas Eve which was pretty cool.

None of the ones I've been on have promised ghosts, but a good time with some creative history.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 am

Oh, ghost tours are popular all over the place. We did one here in Murfreesboro one Halloween season, and they have them up in Nashville, too. Actually, we have done more than one here in town. The first one was more of a story-telling tour, where the guide dressed in Victorian costume, carried a lantern, and told us all the spooky stories about the historic district of the town. The second one was more of a ghost-hunters thing, where people who do ghost-hunt around here took us to several downtown buildings and told us what they had experienced there.

Both tours were interesting. The first one was more of a way to learn the history of the town. In fact, I heard one story-teller up in Nashville say on TV that he thinks that is the main purpose or value of ghost stories, because they almost always take place in the past, so you have to describe the setting and help people understand what life was like back then. The second tour was almost a recruitment thing. I got emails for some months afterward asking me if I wanted to join the group. I really didn't. I think they have to be willing to sit around for many hours in dark, lonely places for not much reward. I am not that patient.

Ghost tours in beautiful, historic places, like St. Augustine, would be especially enjoyable, I think.

Our local Civil War Battlefield, Stones River, has something called a Hallowed Ground tour that is done by lantern light during the warmer months. It is free, but you have to sign up for it. Staff members at the Center costume as Civil War-era people and read letters beside the graves of fallen soldiers in the cemetery. It is not about ghosts, but it feels ghostly because you are hearing the words of the people who died, read by people in historic costume. It is very well done.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

That is cool. We did one in Savannah a few years ago too and it was a cool evening and pretty clear. On all the ones we've done I must have been too shut down to be receptive to seeing ghosts because I haven't seen one even though I'm open to it. Casper, friendly kind of course. :-)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 am

I don't do those tours because I expect to see a ghost. I just like to hear the stories. :D