Questions about crime near haunts?

List your Haunted Houses and Haunted Attractions. Please include the location, dates it is active, the web site and some descriptive text.
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Questions about crime near haunts?

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 am

Many of the haunts seem to be in warehouse/industrial areas, Do you have issues with crim/vandalism there? :?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Questions about crime near haunts?

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

As a woman, I am always reluctant to go to isolated places alone. It's just common sense not to put yourself in vulnerable situations.

Undertaker
Master Reaper

Post by Undertaker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Any crime or vandalism has no place anywhere. Any place I would visit, I would make sure thier is proper security!
I am the last smiling face you"ll see before I shut the lid!

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm

I think being a cop I can answer this one. yes, by all means be concerned regardless of where you go to be frightened. Even if you are in an area not known for crime, the very fact the haunted house is only there for a short period each year is like a magnet to some who think that the transient nature of the place will give a better chance of doing something illegal and getting away with it.

Before going at night, drive by during the day and see if anybody is there to talk too. If not, call them before going and ask questions about how secure they are. Do they have security or off duty police working there? Are the parking areas close to the attraction and are they well lighted? If you can leave your cash at home and use your debit or creditcards If you lose those they can be replaced quickly.

Its always more fun to go to haunted houses in a group. Try and get as many as folks as you can to come with you. Ride together and park close to each other if you have more than one car.

The fact of the matter is, that nowadays there is no such thing as a safe town. I don't care how small it is or how well you know the people. Keep your head on a swivel and look around you. You're there to have fun but instead of just flapping your gums, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth put in 1st gear, not 4th. Take your kids and don't leave them. Many places have age limits anyway.

I'm lucky that I live near Netherworld and have gone almost every year for a long time now. They use off duty police and they are very observant on their property. If you see trouble or sense it, move away quickly and if you need to call the police.

You're there to be scared, and have fun, but not scared for real!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm amazed how many people are not aware of their surroundings. As you know, cops are trained to be, some people are naturally aware, others become so after traumatic events. Other people? They walk in front of a moving trolley while talking on their phone then flip the operator off when he honks at them. Yeah... I saw that happen. I mentioned in the Batman Rises thread that a couple days after the Aurora shootings I saw a guy come in the exit door next to the screen. Apparently I was the only one that saw him. It was so surrealistic.