Re: Leftover Pumpkins?

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 am

Shhh! Don't tell anyone!! :)

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 am

I love real fresh pumpkins, but they will turn rotten, like 2 weeks! :? I do love plastic pumpkins with eletric lights inside them all year round! :)

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 am

NeverMore wrote:
Still had pumpkins in January?!?

1. Carve them, light them up, place them on your porch, play scary Halloween SFX CDs, set up a video recorder in your window, record neighbors as the walk up to your yard and scratch their heads.

2. Take the pumpkins back to the store you bought them from. Tell the cashier you'd like to return them because they just don't seem very fresh.

3. Make a snowman with a jack-o-lantern head. Watch the passing cars crash as the drivers turn their heads to take a second look.
Love the suggestions! ... but if I'm gonna do number 3, I'll need you to send some snow. In January, it's usually in the mid 70's (Fahrenheit) here. =)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 pm

iHaunt wrote:I love real fresh pumpkins, but they will turn rotten, like 2 weeks! :? I do love plastic pumpkins with eletric lights inside them all year round! :)
The fresh pumpkins ought to last better than that. Make sure they don't have any soft spots when you buy them, and keep them out of direct sunlight. If they're kept cool and dry, they will last a long time.

Around here, the stores don't keep pumpkins after November 1, so if you want one for Thanksgiving (and I always do), you have to buy it before then. I keep one back for several weeks, usually in a dry, shady spot in my carport, and it will stay good enough for me to carve it and roast the seeds on Thanksgiving day (I have a turkey stencil, so I do that for a centerpiece while my turkey is baking). Some years I also save back a couple of smaller pumpkins and use fallen leaves from my yard as stencils for them on Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm

A while back, someone (I don't feel like checking who right now :))suggested to me to donate my leftover pumpkins to my local zoo. I love that idea so much. Still waiting to hear back from the Dallas Zoo on my offer.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Still had pumpkins in January?!?

1. Carve them, light them up, place them on your porch, play scary Halloween SFX CDs, set up a video recorder in your window, record neighbors as the walk up to your yard and scratch their heads.

2. Take the pumpkins back to the store you bought them from. Tell the cashier you'd like to return them because they just don't seem very fresh.

3. Make a snowman with a jack-o-lantern head. Watch the passing cars crash as the drivers turn their heads to take a second look.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a sense of humour very similar to my own NeverMore! :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:12 am

Rotten pumpkin is not good for you, you know that? Have anyone ever smelt pumpkin's butt before? :lol:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:51 am

Jack Skellington wrote:You have a sense of humour very similar to my own NeverMore! :)
Sympatico?

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

NeverMore wrote:
Jack Skellington wrote:You have a sense of humour very similar to my own NeverMore! :)
Sympatico?

Indeed! :lol:

I can't see the picture, it's just a red 'x' for me. I know what the word means though. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town