Re: Whatcha eatin' right now?

Post by witchy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:47 pm

a Carmel Apple, yummy!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Today I ate Honey Nut Cheereos out of the box. Earlier I had two fish filets.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:26 am

Not eating, drinking.

I finally got my hands on some Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin beer. I discovered this stuff a few years ago. One of the few pumpkin beers I like that doesn't have that cinnamon-spice/pumpkin pie flavor. In fact, this is not only my favorite pumpkin beer, it's probably my favorite beer period. What's so special about it? It has habanero and other hot peppers in it. Never knew I liked hot/spicy beers till I tried this. Local brewery makes a Habanero Sculpin but I don't like IPA beer. I also found a beer from old Mexico that has a jalapeño in the bottom but the beer itself tasted so bad I couldn't even finish one. Still have 5 of those in the fridge.

For some reason we haven't been able to get Atomic Pumpkin here last couple years. Found out it was available this year in the variety pack, only carried at Walmart. I went to every Walmart in town, only found 2 of those 12 packs. I essentially paid $40 for 6 beers. Actually, I like the Fat Tire beer so i drank those, the other 6 beers in the packs were IPAs so I poured them down the sink. Hmmm... probably should have given them to a homeless person? My bad.

Last couple months, I've been dealing with the girl that does the ordering for La Mesa BevMo, she said she wouldn't be able to try to order any till after September first. Yesterday, while driving to yet another Walmart I got 2 calls from the La Mesa area but they both dropped. I figured yet another robo-call and gave it no more thought. Today I just happened to stop in at that BevMo, I didn't expect to score since I never got the call.

ALAS! They had 6 cases and it WAS the purchasing agent calling to let me know. I did the Mamushka right there in the middle of the store and told her I'll take them all. At which point she mentioned that someone else was asking about the beer. Me being the great guy I am, decided to only take 2 cases but I told her I'll be back this weekend to get the rest of what's available. She said she's gonna try to get more but didn't seem to be too sure of the possibility. Why is this stuff available in every store in the midwest but not here, right down the street from Denver?

Needless to say, my housemates, Bones and Yorick, were delighted that I brought all this boos home today. Bones couldn't keep his hands off the beer. Gonna have to watch him. And don't mind Yorick in the background. He likes to disguise himself, ever since that Shakespeare guy wrote a play about him. Total prima donna!

IMG_4683_small.jpg
IMG_4683_small.jpg (106.39 KiB) Viewed 15175 times

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 pm

I have a bottle of that pumpkin blast rum and it tastes pretty darn good but I'm saving most of it to make pumpkin cake later in the year.

Besides I'm not much of a rum person. The taste of it reminds me of my twenties, and long weekends of stuff I don't remember.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:57 pm

They sold pumpkin wine where I use to live and there was also a liquor store that sold Vampire Wine. I was fond of both, but the doctor said that my liver can't take alcohol any more. Apparently alcohol and it's interaction with some of the meds my doctor has me on is very harmful to my liver, so it's taffy apples, corn candy, and a good roast for Halloween from now on. No more alcoholic beverages for me.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm

How sad for you, Mike.

You know, it looks like Nevermore has a healthy liver, so far, perhaps he can share a chunk with you.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Well, it isn't all that bad. What I don't spend on liquor, I am free to spend on vinyl.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:44 pm

I just finished the last of a spinach quiche.

Savory and quite filling.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 pm

There's a bakery close to my house that makes wonderful elclairs. I am going to pick up a couple tomorrow morning.

Mike