Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Valentines Day Forum! Alright!

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:09 pm

It's great to see two other cool holidays here! :D

Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Re: Valentines Day Forum! Alright!

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Nice pic, RDM!

I hope everyone will be more than glad talking about Valentine's! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Basicaly the only thing I do for Valentines Day is watch "Be My Velenting Charlie Brown." And of course, I also reminice about all the girls I had crhshes on when I was a pup.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm

:lol: Same thing to me when I was at high school that I used to crush many girlfriends on Valentine's Day! :D

And, I am going to surprise my girlfriend next month... I won't tell her until she finds out! 8) I know she is going to fall in love with me all nite long in our graveyard! :lol:

And also, does anyone love Valentine's Day candy? Dessert? Anything else? Post your idea here. ;)

Pumpkin_Man wrote:Basicaly the only thing I do for Valentines Day is watch "Be My Velenting Charlie Brown." And of course, I also reminice about all the girls I had crhshes on when I was a pup.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Actualy Valentines Day is just not a holiday I get into right now. I've been involved in relationships from time to time, but mariage never interested me, and it's doubtful I'm going to marry this late in my life. If I had a "significant other" in my life, then it might mean more, but since I don't, I really don't have much use for that particular day. It is a good excuse to watch "Charlie Brown," and I have fun reminiscing about the various girls I was in love with when I was young, but it's just not what I call a 'fun' day.

As for candy, I am not supposed to eat candy due to my diet, and after my surgery, I'll probably not be able to eat it at all.

The only day I'm really looking forwar to in February is the day before Vellentines Day. Friday the 13th, or "Little Halloween."

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Ok, I understand you will not eat any more candies after your surgery. And also, do you always call Friday the 13th the name as "Little Halloween", if so then why? I'm curious.

Anyway, what are you going to do on Valentine's Day? And, what are you thinking of eating good dinner on that V-Day?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Friday the 13th has allways been assicoated with "bad luck" for people who are superstitious, and 13 is considered an evil number. Friday is also the day of the week that Christ was crucified, and 13 is also considered an evil number. Put Friday and 13 together, and you have an evil number falling on the same day of the week as Christs crucifixion, so I like to call it "Little Halloween," because it's sort of a "scary" day, that a lot of people still believe is jynxed.

The reason why I am trying to stay away from candy and other sugery snacks is because after my surgery I am not going to be allowed to eat those things for a year or two after the surgery, because of a medical anomoly called "Dumping Syndrome," and tha's NOT direah. It's a problem where sugar gets absorbed into your system too fast. It causes sweating, headaches and in my case it can elevate my blood sugar to dangerous levels. It's not a 'deadly' condition for normal people, but it can be disasterous for a diabetic, which I am.

Valentines day, as I said before, is not any big deal with me. My 'big plans' for valentines day is to pop a tv dinner into my microwave oven, light a fire in my fire place if it's clod enough to do so, and watch all of my Valentines Day" "Charlie Brown" DVDs. I have just about all of them. It may seem a tad odd, a 48 year old guy watching Peanuts cartoons, but I actualy had my very own "little read haired girl" who I had a crush on around the time some of those cartoons came out. Her name was Karen, and she was as Irish as you can get, and her hair was FLAMING, FLAMING, FLAMING red. Her grandmother was actualy 1st generation.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:04 pm

I will have my kids with me this year so I think we will do our own special Valentines Day dinner and they can be my Valentines.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 pm

That's what my mom use to do back when I was a kid. She would prepare a special Valentines Day dinner, and we wouldh ave a heart shapped cake for desert. And the " Charlie Brown" special usualy aired at 7:00. Sometimes valentiens cards would be in the mail from various kids in the neighborhood. When we were really little, we would hand them out in school to each of our class mates. That stopped in 5th grade.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:21 am

I forgot about the Charlie Brown Valentine's Day special, I wonder if it will be on this year. It was so sweet.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:51 pm

I don't know if they air any of the "Charlie Brown" Vallentines specials on tv any more, but you can get all of them on line or at the video store.

There were also a couple of Vallentines Day specials made, and some other specials that feature Charlie Brown in love with his 'little red haired girl. And I will be screaning them all this week as it gets closer to Valentines day. The only thing is that on Friday the 13th, however, Vallentines is out, and "Little Halloween" is in, and I am going to be at the Morris Ciname watching the new installation of "Friday the 13th."

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Perhaps you should celebrate singles day then pumpkin_man, as that's also celebrated on Febuary 14th.
I love valintine's day though and I'm quite looking forward to it.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 pm

I enjoy some aspects to it, and I loved it when I was a kid, but Valentines Day is more geared towards couples, and I am not dating anyone right now. Like I said, I'll be watching Charlie Brown going through all of his Valentines Day woes as he tries to win the heart of 'the little red-haired girl' and awaits Valentines that he never gets.

Mike

Spider-Ridley
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Spider-Ridley » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:It's great to see two other cool holidays here! :D

Yes it is. I totally agree. It's good to see a forum here discussing this holiday. My wife and I both love Valentine's Day.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 am

Do you all have any traditions associated with the holiday--a special meal, or something like that?