DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Valentines Decorations and Candy

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm already seeing plush valintine things, candies and snacky cakes.
Anyone else spotting valintines stuff yet? I know it's early but usually they start putting it out after christmas or right after New Year's sometimes.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

witchy
Halloween Master

Re: Valentines Decorations and Candy

Post by witchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Walgreens is loaded with Valentines stuff!!! And I am not a mushy witch, Valentine is not my favorite Holiday!!!! ha ha ha!!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh I like valintines day. I think it's a sweet holiday. :D
Other people just think it's a halmark holiday.
But I can understand people not liking it if they aren't in a loving relationship.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Ha ha ha!! I am in a loving relationship!!! Married for 25 years!!! Ha ha ha!! You crack me up!! :lol:

I'm glad you like the holiday tho!!! I like it it's just not one of my fav's, that's all!!!
:D

Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 pm

my wife has already taken a pic and sent it to me of the valentines item at Hallmark she wants.......I'm glad she's told me this time, usually I have to guess
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 pm

My local drug store has a few Valentines Day decorations in stock, but as I said before, my Valentines observances consist of a Valentines Day "Charlie Brown" dvd and maybe a piece of candy or a donut, and that's it.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 am

Would you all believe that this year, for the first time in my life, I saw Easter candy for sale between Christmas and New Year's? I'm not kidding. Candy eggs, prominently displayed near the registers, in at least two Kroger stores here in town. They are skipping Valentine's and going straight to Easter around here! Craziest thing I ever saw in my life, Easter candy on Dec. 27. Easter isn't even especially early this year. It's in April.

We don't do much for Valentines, though sometimes I will buy one of those heart-shaped boxes of chocolate and bring them home for the kids. I used to have to buy the packets of Valentines, but now that my youngest is in 7th grade, I guess I'm done with that. I'm sort of glad about it. It was always a bit of a chore to purchase the "right" one, one that wouldn't seem too babyish or romantic or otherwise inappropriate. And then, getting the kids to sign all the cards with their friends' names was always a pain, too.

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I hate Valentine's Day. It's too commercial and cheesy for me, I think that if you love someone, you should show appreciation to that person year round, not just on V Day. ; )
The Night HE Came Home

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:14 pm

That was very well said ilovemichaelmyers, I agree with you 100%!!! :D

wh2205
Crypt Keeper

Post by wh2205 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm

i dont care too much for valentines day, i would rather skip it and go on to Saint Patrick's Day. Its alot more fun and i love GREEN

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:32 pm

I kinda see both sides. Yes, Valentine's Day is way over-commercialized, but what holiday isn't? And yes, you should show your sweetheart how much you love and appreciate him or her every day of the year, but there's nothing wrong with having one day where you really go that extra mile to say "Hey, baby....you mean the world to me!" You can't be on three sixty five, can you. Some days you're grouchy, and sometimes you're stinky, and some mornings you wake up mucousy and bleary-eyed, and there are others where you just can't be bothered. Yeah, you should make an effort every day, but let's be honest; sometimes the daily grind leaves you grounded. And especially when you've been in a relationship for a long time, you develop routines that are too comfortable to alter, and too familiar to change. But that one day a year gives you an excuse to go out on a limb and do something different. You don't have to spend a lot of money, or buy a lot of candy or flowers. Unless your bird or your geezer really likes candy and roses. If you just make an effort to do something special, something to show your honey that you know who they are and what makes them tick, then your relationship will be stronger the other three sixty four.

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

I still think it's pretty ridiculous with the flowers, candy and jewelry deal. I'm a cheap date, no high maintenance here. I like simplicity. Spending unecessary money doesn't make me happy. I can show appreciation with "coupons" tee hee if you know what I mean. LOL
The Night HE Came Home

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 pm

ILMM, you're not from this planet, are you? :wink:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Ahhh... There are some things you just can not put a price tag on.......

........because then it would be illegal.... Unless it's Amsterdam or Nevada...... :wink:

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:52 pm

My hubby gives me a Gerber Daisy & gummy worms every once in a while, sometimes he brings home a Ammeretto cappuccino when I'm having a bad day. He even still opens the doors for me, how sweet is that. So why does he have to go out & do something on that one day when he does it all the time? With that being said, I think he likes Valentines more than me, he like to go out & buy me things, so who am I to complain? I am a very lucky Witch!!! :wink: