St. Patricks Day

St. Patrick's Day
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: St. Patricks Day

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey, I found this cool green shamrock, the four leaf clover from the search engine! :D 8)

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

thats a 3 leaf clover......
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 am

Spookymufu wrote:thats a 3 leaf clover......
:oops: I didn't pay attention to that image! :lol: Actually some shamrocks do have 3 or 4 leaf clovers. ;)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am

There are plenty of 3 leaf clovers, instead of 4 leaf clovers. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:40 pm

An authentic Irish Shamrock is only supposed to have 3 leaves. Father Son & Holy Spirit. It's significance to St. Patrick's Day, however, goes far beyond religion.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: An authentic Irish Shamrock is only supposed to have 3 leaves. Father Son & Holy Spirit. It's significance to St. Patrick's Day, however, goes far beyond religion.

Mike

I got a good question for you from someone else.... Do Irish people celebrate St. Patty's in a full month of March? Or, is it only one day? Maybe just St. Patty's Weekend? Is March the St. Patty's Month? There are a lot of people are getting so curious.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Well, it's hard to say. I see St Patty's decorations up as early as February 28th, and they stayup until April 1st. For me, St Patrick's Day is more an observance of my Irish Heritabe both here in this country and in Ireland. I have a a party with my brothers and sisters, we listen to Irish music, and we gather as a family around a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner of Corned Beef & Cabbage, but I don't make a whole month of it like I do Halloween. I will have a St. patrick's Day background on my computer until the 18th, but then I usualy replace it with something more Spring time centered. Most people here in the U.S. only observe St. Patrick's Day on the 17th of March. In Ireland, however, that's another story. I think in Ireland, it's 2nd only to Christmas, and is celebrated with major gusto all through out Ireland. I even think it's been given national holiday status, though I can't swear to that. The "wearin of the green" is of major importance, but it's PARTICULARLY important ti Ireland's Catholic population, which compirses about 80% of the population.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:21 am

Ohh, that's very interesting Mike! I guess March is St. Patrick's Month, right?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 am

Again, more so in Ireland then here in the U.S. I think of March as a time that I celebrate my Irish heritage, with a St. Patrick's Day Party on the weekend before or after the actual 17th, but it's an observance for me, more then it is a Holiday. I don't "celebrate" St Patrick's Day like I do Halloween, with decorations up all month, but I do take pride in my ancestors and my Irish heritage, and I also take time out to remember all of my dearly departed loved ones, and all the stories that they told me from the "old sod."

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

All stocked up with a twelver each of Harp and Guinness. So much for my pledge to go a week without alcohol. Oh well. There's always next week.

Gonna try my hand at Irish soda bread.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 pm

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO EVERYBODY!!!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Again, more so in Ireland then here in the U.S. I think of March as a time that I celebrate my Irish heritage, with a St. Patrick's Day Party on the weekend before or after the actual 17th, but it's an observance for me, more then it is a Holiday. I don't "celebrate" St Patrick's Day like I do Halloween, with decorations up all month, but I do take pride in my ancestors and my Irish heritage, and I also take time out to remember all of my dearly departed loved ones, and all the stories that they told me from the "old sod."

Mike
Ok, I've noticed some people say that they're not Irish, but they celebrated as much as an Irishmen! Green beer flowing and a great crowd at the National Harbor all day and most of the night last night!! :?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:49 am

thats because to 99% of people St Patricks day is all about drinking........
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Spookymufu wrote:thats because to 99% of people St Patricks day is all about drinking........
:thumright: :thumleft: :dwarf:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:55 pm

That's about the name of it, Spooky. For most people, St. Patrick's day is all about drinking and partying, but for me and for many of us of Irish Heritage, it's about cultural identity and recognizing and celebrating Irish History, and Irish American History. I hardly drink at all, even on St. Patrick's Day.

Mike