St. Patricks Day

St. Patrick's Day
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: St. Patricks Day

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 am

My next St Pat's Party is a week from Saturday. It's one of my favorite get-togethers of the year.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Anyone go to St. Pat's parade? Maybe hanging around with friends at the pub, or watch "Leprechaun" movie at home?

Well, it sucks that we won't have the parade for this year so I guess we will go to the pub for a few drinks then come back to watch a horror movie, also drink some more green beers! :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 pm

They have one in New York City and in Chicago. There is also a St Patrick's Day Parade in my old neighborhood, but it usualy degenerates into a drunken brall. I may go check out the one they have in Chicago some day, but I don't like crowded places very much, and driving to Chicago these days is a major head ache. I also don't drink because of my gastric bypass, and there are a lot of people who think St. Patrick's Day is all about drinking and getting drunk. So I prefer to hand out at home, celebrate my Irish heritage with my brothers and sisters and any friends who come over for the party, rather then go out some place.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:36 am

We're going to make a week of celebrating on St Patty's day week, our Ann. is on March 16th, can you believe it, 26 years married to the same man!!!! :wink: :D

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:15 pm

witchy wrote:We're going to make a week of celebrating on St Patty's day week, our Ann. is on March 16th, can you believe it, 26 years married to the same man!!!! :wink: :D

Congs to you, witchy! :D

By the way, Mike... I really don't like crowded places, either. :?

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Every year on St. Patrick's Day, my family and extended family all gather in Plymouth MA. Each person drags a 10 foot long stone from their house to the beach and then we stand them all in a circular pattern. Around noon a strong wind always starts blowing and all of our birhtmarks (which we have on the backs of our necks) start burning and it throws all of us into convulsions. For several hours we writhe in agony on the beach until our Irish-demonic powers reach fulfillment and our hair turns bright red. Then we run around and f*ck sh*t up.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Filthy evil gingers.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Cluin, can I come too!! 8)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

Funny Irish Condoms

Wear your green this St. Patrick's Day! Celebrate responsibly with these jolly green condom pops, each with a different St. Pat's reference:

Put on the Green
Kiss Me I'm Irish
Four Leaf Clover
Leprecondom - Wear the Pride

:lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

That's an accomplishment, by today's standards, Witchy. My niece got married on two days before Halloween. They celelbrabe their ann on the 29th of October, which is a Halloween theme every year.

I don't make a week long deal of St. Patrick's Day, but I do like to have my party on the weekend before or after, and then I do something special on the actual day. (march 17th) This year, my family dinner party is on th 12th, which is this Saturday, and on the real day I am going to wear some green to work, listen to Irish music in the car on the way to and from work, and at home, and I might rent an Irish movie of some kine. I screened "The Molly Maguires" last evening. Great movie. I wish I had saved that for St. Patty's Day. "Gangs of New York" is another good one. The Inspiration channel may air "The Quite Man," which is also a good Irish tradition for St. Patty's Day.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Ok, all of you leprechauns!

Keeping an Irish theme, my girlfriend always changes her last name for this St. Patrick's Day; from Martin to O' Martin. During Hispanic month, she changes it to Martinez; and when she goes to Roma, Italy then it's Martenilli, seriously.

By the way, with a green beer in her hand, she gives you this Irish toast: "Here's to our husbands and boyfriends, May they never meet". :D (hey, she didn't write it. :lol: just repeating it! :D)

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks Mike, how long has your niece been married? I wish I would have gotten married around Halloween, my husband & I dated for 5 years & I told him I would marry him after my 22nd birthday, which was on Dec & he talked me into marrying him on March, I think he thought I'd bolt!! Ha ha ha!! Not a chance!! :wink:

We alway go all out this week, I can't wait!! :bounce:

I even put green hair extension on my youngest daughter, she looks too cute!! 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:44 pm

My niece has only been married 5 years. They got married on October 29th, 2005, but as far as I can see, they have a pretty good relationship.

There will be plenty of 'wearin of the green' on the 17th of March, but the main family party is going to be on Saturday the 12th.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:26 am

Good green dinner will be on the 17th, and my own throw-in green party is on Saturday the 19th at nite. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Sounds like an interesting party.

Mike