Aniamte your props cheap

Tutorials and step-by-step instructions for decorations, props etc.
Broken Dreams
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Aniamte your props cheap

Post by Broken Dreams » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

Okay with Halloween rapidly approaching here's an idea for those of you who want to animate your props the cheap way and still look cool. First of all get on Craigslist.com go to the free section and look for household appliances to be given away. Now once you get that appliance
gut it take every usable part for your prop. Example get an old washer maybe the motor quit
no problem there's still the pump in it which you can use to pump buckets of blood or whatever else your twisted mind can think of. For a dryer get the blower assembly use that for fog or smoke, Kitchen mixers have very powerful motors as they have to mix dough and more you wives know this can openers have good motors as well. And as most of you know already drills have excellent motors for animating props. Look around your house for some of these things
or hit the Salvation army or Goodwill stores. Any place where you can find cheap appliances
or just drive through apartment complexes each month they throw stuff away all of time.
Now then let's say you need angle iron for your mechanism look for bed frames cut them down to size there ya go. How about this!! many of you have seen this I'm sure. Take an old
TV gut it down to the cabinet now get some black spandex and place it where the screen was have your actor push their face into it and you have a creepy effect. If you put your mind to it you can have some really cool props that rival Hollyweird for not a lot of money.
Now get out there and start hunting so you can start haunting
They're coming to take me ah ha they're coming to take me ho ho
to the happy home.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: Aniamte your props cheap

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Hmmm...our dryer recently went...the motor broke but I wonder if we can salvage some parts from it...this is a pretty cool idea!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: Aniamte your props cheap

Post by MauEvig » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Are there any step by step instructions on how to convert the blower into a fog machine? That would be pretty sick.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection