Box of Art Creations!

Items for sale by merchants/vendors.
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Box of Art Creations!

Post by MauEvig » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:56 pm

I hope I can go to craft fairs and craft shows eventually. Right now I'm going to be too busy with school and I'm starting back at my old job. So now I'll have to work weekends; but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

In the mean time; here's a new painting:

This is supposed to be a sunset in the country. I love how sunsets and sunrises give this cool effect when you drive down the highway and it looks like houses, trees and other buildings look shadowy against the contrast of the bright light. There's supposed to be a couple houses, a barn and a silo. I also painted birds. The pink clouds also represent that illusion of how the clouds look orangey-pink when the sun hits them just right. I always think it's pretty. I love sunsets. Between sunsets and sunrises I think they are some of the most beautiful parts of the day. Then again, I love the daylight with the blue sky overhead, and the beautiful dark sky with the stars at night too. I love how our sky changes. Always something different, it's never the same sky twice. Plus I love the country. Sure I may not be into country music, but I love the country landscape and the beauty of it.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:17 am

We had a sunset like that just last night!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 am

That's pretty neat Murf!

Now for something humorous for those hunters and fishers out there. :lol:

Available on my Redbubble account to purchase as a tee shirt, mug etc.:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/boxofar ... -an-fishin
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:34 am

That made me chuckle!

That painting looks like it is stylistically different from the others you do.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:29 am

Yeah I was going for something humorous. :lol:

It is a different art style all together! :) I drew this on paper and scanned/colored on photoshop.

I do a bit of drawing, writing, painting and sculpting (at least with my snowmen and earrings anyway haha).

My major project though is my book: Sky Kingdom.

I was going to have my paintings featured at the local cafe; but they kept falling down. :( When I finally got to bring them back up she already got someone else's in. I felt like it was a low blow on my end. Not to mention I asked at the place that sells paintings if they bought and sold any, they told me I had to get "recognized" and enter those art shows and take her painting lessons. She didn't even bother to look at my paintings. I was a might sore about it. >____<

It's also easy for me to get negative thoughts and feelings when people don't give me a chance or when they're overly critical. It's something I need to learn to get over. Guess I needed to do something funny, and I'm glad my boyfriend helps me to snap out of it when thinking negative.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 am

I think anyone who seeks a career in the arts is probably going to hear a lot of criticism, unfortunately. Just keep doing what makes you happy.

I am reading a book right now by David McCullogh, called The Greater Journey. It is about Americans who went to Paris to study during the 19th century. I learned from it that Samuel Morse was a very serious artist who studied earnestly in Paris and did lots of good work. However, his paintings never sold well back in the States, and finally he gave up on that career to become an inventor. Eventually he became famous for developing the Morse Code. Of course, now, his paintings are worth millions of dollars, but they never made him much money during his lifetime.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:17 pm

I try but sometimes it's hard. It's worse knowing I'm in a degrading job right now; but I'm trying to keep going forward knowing that I've made the President's List twice in college, and will eventually land a job in teaching. It's only a matter of time and patience on my end.

That is quite interesting, and sadly that seems to be the fate of the starving artist. If we become ghosts when we die, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a fit if my paintings start to sell once I'm dead. :lol: In fact, I might even have to haunt the people who buy them. Now that would be quite a story wouldn't it? :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 pm

I like the huntin' and fishin' picture. :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :!: :!: :!:

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:04 pm

I have more Halloween stuff in the works, like these "purrfect" black cat earrings.

The eyes glow in the dark too! But my camera didn't want to cooperate with me on the glow in the dark part. I guess just use your imagination for that.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:51 am

Very cute! I like it that they glow in the dark, too. Nice touch for Halloween!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks Murf glad you liked them. :) I thought they'd make a cute edition to my Spooktacular Halloween line.

I attempted to make a pair of skull earrings, but you can't see them very well amidst the mud podge:

I may have to work on my technique some. They've also been treated with glow in the dark paint.

For some reason I think glow in the dark stuff goes good with Halloween. Could be because when I was little I read a children's story book with glow in the dark pictures in it. :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:52 am

I can see the skulls, but perhaps they could be more defined.

Of course glow-in-the-dark goes with Halloween!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 pm

I may work to improve the design Murf and I appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism. Next time maybe I'll leave out the glossy modpodge.

A little project I've been working on in my spare time. The little pumpkins are supposed to be earrings; but I think they look cute as miniature pumpkins. I could still turn them into earrings though. These look like ordinary pumpkins, but the idea is that when it gets dark, they will have glow in the dark jack o lantern faces.
Like my snowmen last year; I'd like to sell the miniature pumpkins and earring sets for $5.00 if anyone's interested. If anyone would like either a miniature pumpkin, a pair of earrings, or both; let me know before October so I can get started on them! I'm going to be pretty busy once August rolls around so if you want a pair let me know now! I can also make my black cat earrings as well.

Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:54 am

MauEvig wrote:That's pretty neat Murf!

Now for something humorous for those hunters and fishers out there. :lol:

Available on my Redbubble account to purchase as a tee shirt, mug etc.:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/boxofar ... -an-fishin
I really like that one. :D :D :D

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Thank you! I'm glad you like it Kolchak! lol I have that image available on my red bubble account. They can put that image on a mug, tee shirt and some other cool stuff if you're interested.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection