needs help on getting a Haunted House together

Review the Haunts you've visted
sweet lil vampire
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

needs help on getting a Haunted House together

Post by sweet lil vampire » Wed May 14, 2008 12:38 pm

My daughters softball teams are wanting to do a Haunted House, Haunted Woods or Haunted Maze for a fund rasier. We have the spot, but I don't know about insurance and permits and stuff. Does anyone know anything about doing stuff like this. We think it would be an awesome thing to do. I have small ones every year but putting something on like this is over my head.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Re: needs help on getting a Haunted House together

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:34 pm

sweet lil vampire wrote:My daughters softball teams are wanting to do a Haunted House, Haunted Woods or Haunted Maze for a fund rasier. We have the spot, but I don't know about insurance and permits and stuff. Does anyone know anything about doing stuff like this. We think it would be an awesome thing to do. I have small ones every year but putting something on like this is over my head.
If the location is a business (or church or lodge...) ask the manager if you can have an insurance 'rider' added to cover the length of the event.

Every city has it's own permit requirements so you will need to go to the city or county office where the event is going to be and ask what they want, if anything. (sigh)

Get volunteers, other parents who seem to be boosters for your team usually help out.

You might ask them by sending out the questions in the form of a Halloween invitation, include a list of dates and times as well as what you need help with (construction, transportaion, food/drink concession, etc.)

Most of all sell it to your potential help as a fun activity and include your team whenever possible, if they are too young to deal with the business side, get them to act in the HH itself as monsters, victims...whatever.

I look forward to seeing some pix of your successful event!! :D
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

sweet lil vampire
Vampire

Post by sweet lil vampire » Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks so much!!! That really helps me out. I just hope I can get everyone else on board with the project.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends under the couch

myshy
Zombie

Post by myshy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:15 pm

I hope I have a hunted house this year.
BAILEE