More Bartonville Insane Asylum

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

More Bartonville Insane Asylum

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am

I could not post more then 3 pics, so I will be posting on several threads. Here are someof the interiors.
Attachments
When I poked the lenz of my camera into the broken out window th shoot this photo, I was over come by an overwealming sense of sadness and hopelessness.  It only lasted a few moments, but it was very profound.  Could have it been supernatural?  I can't say, but  it was very real never the less.
When I poked the lenz of my camera into the broken out window th shoot this photo, I was over come by an overwealming sense of sadness and hopelessness. It only lasted a few moments, but it was very profound. Could have it been supernatural? I can't say, but it was very real never the less.
77 Interior H.JPG (75.61 KiB) Viewed 24240 times
"Go Away" warns the grafiti.  Is it just a Halloween prank spray painted by a vandal, or is there a real message there?  In old haunted places like the Bartonville Insane Asylum, one could never be sure.
"Go Away" warns the grafiti. Is it just a Halloween prank spray painted by a vandal, or is there a real message there? In old haunted places like the Bartonville Insane Asylum, one could never be sure.
32 Interior G.JPG (76.09 KiB) Viewed 24240 times
Back in 1979 there was a movie, a very creepy movie titled "The Amityville Horror."  In that old house was a room in the basement that was refered to as the "Enterance to Hell."  Perhaps that's what I have here, or even hell itself.  Who knows what horrid attorcities were committed down ther.
Back in 1979 there was a movie, a very creepy movie titled "The Amityville Horror." In that old house was a room in the basement that was refered to as the "Enterance to Hell." Perhaps that's what I have here, or even hell itself. Who knows what horrid attorcities were committed down ther.
22 Basement V.JPG (85.56 KiB) Viewed 24240 times

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: More Bartonville Insane Asylum

Post by adrian » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

WOW the go away on the wall really sets it off
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:37 pm

"Go Away!" Is it just a prank by a vandal or is there a real warnig there? You guys tell me.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39 pm

i'm going to say prank bc its spray paint but it is a prank that's turned into something really creepy

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

It was very likely the pranksters intent to do something very creepy and forboding. It also could have been spraypainted by some one who had a scary experience there and wanted to warn others to "go away," too. But the pragmatic side of me believes it to be a very creepy prank.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:06 pm

I will say "prank", but very creepy nonetheless!
I want to be able to see this place.
Your pictures are really good, they get that eerie feeling across. Thanks!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:26 pm

That's very nice of you to say, Beladona. If you are ever in Central Ill, the saylum feature is located in the town of Bartonville Illinois. You can google a map to get there.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I might have to do a road trip and go!
I'm not far from Illinois

Seriously, I went and looked at the pictures again and got a cold chill.
Asylums are very spooky.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Thank you. I'm glad you liked the pictures. I agree, asylums are very spooky places, because of some of the horendous things that went on in them.

There is actualy a movement to restore the Bartonville Insane Asylum and make it into a museum. I'm in contact with the guy who actualy owns the building and it's my hope to get a better study of the interior of the asylum.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:31 pm

That would be good to do something with the property like that.

I found out that they did that with the one near me. They opened a medical history museum.
They use a lot of the stuff that was left in there when they shut the place down. Like skeletons, brains in jars, that kind of thing.
When the mounted police took it over, I thought they wouldn't have that any longer but they do. So that's definitely on the to-do list.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 am

I really have to check that place out, Beladonna. You mentioned the Mounted Police. Is this institution in Canada? It might be worth my while to take a motorcycle cruise up there some time to check it out.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 am

you guys sound like you have so much fun up near canada lol

mike.. when ever you take your long motor cycle trip next year, maybe you can swing through the GA/Bama area and we can check out some of these hauntings down here or something.. my friends and i have so much fun ghost hunting lol

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:26 am

Well, I don't know when that's going to be, because I am planning on a religious pilgrimage for next May to the Holy Land. That's still very tentative at this time, but it's been a very long time since I made a good religious pilgramage, and I really would like to go if I can swing it. So I don't know if I am going to be making any significant road trips next year.

I will definately keep you in mind, because I really am interested in that "Witches grave yard" you wrote about in an earlier thread. The lor surrounding that place that you told is a very interesting story, and I would love to get some pics to post on this site when I do see it. I love to go ghost hunting, even though I never see or hear any ghosts. I should say, Ilike to visit haunted places like Bartonville Insane Asylum and Bachelors Grove.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 am

cool cool.. yea maybe the witches yard will change your luck lol hopefully.. either that or i'll juust look like an overexaggerating fool lol

as far as a religious trip... like i've said before i'm baptist, my grand father took a long religious trip this year to Isrial and walked the path of "Jesus" he was even re-baptised in the river where John the Baptist baptised Jesus.. he had a lot of fun and was a fantastic learning experience

i wish the same for you and that all goes well

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 am

Thanks Adrien. I am very much looking forward, even though rignt how everything is very tentative. I am still waiting to hear from a coordinator, and he's located at a parish about 70 or so miles North of where I live.

I am hoping that I will be able to go on this pilgrimage, but I may have to do more research.

Mike