The St. James Sag

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

The St. James Sag

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi Folks:

Well I'm a little ahead of schedule, but I went on another Haunted Road Trip last Saturday, and the pictures that I have chosen are now ready to be uploaded.

The cemetery which is being featured is perported to be haunted by many spirits, mainly because there was a lot of tragidy. Pier Marquette, according to some legends, held Masses on top of the hill where that old church now stands back in the 1600s. The St. James Church, itself was build the same year the St. James Parish was officialy established. 1830.

Through out the almost 2 centuries of it's existance, monks dressed in 17th century garb have been seen by some. Others have heard the sobbing of children who died at very early ages, while others still hear the wailings of women who have lost children or husbands.

It should also be pointed out that this is also the final resting place of my parents, grand parents and many a beloved who have departed this Earth, so I value this cemetary very highly sentimentaly.

Enjoy!

Attachments
Yes, I took the bike, and just to proove I wasn't joshing you about it, here's a picture.  a 1997 Valkyrie Tour.  Great for Haunted Road Trips.
Yes, I took the bike, and just to proove I wasn't joshing you about it, here's a picture. a 1997 Valkyrie Tour. Great for Haunted Road Trips.
17 Bike C.JPG (71.43 KiB) Viewed 14196 times
And there it is.  This church has been there since 1830.  It was the main parish for many an Irish Imigrant who went to work building the Illinois & Michigan Canal.  Many were killed in that line of work.  That's the bases for many a ghost stories surrounding the Sag.
And there it is. This church has been there since 1830. It was the main parish for many an Irish Imigrant who went to work building the Illinois & Michigan Canal. Many were killed in that line of work. That's the bases for many a ghost stories surrounding the Sag.
10 Church C.JPG (76.9 KiB) Viewed 14196 times
Here is a view of some of the old grave markers at the Sag.  Notice that very strange stone tree off to the right.  I've wndered abot the significance of that monument since I was 7, and nobody ever could tell me about it.
Here is a view of some of the old grave markers at the Sag. Notice that very strange stone tree off to the right. I've wndered abot the significance of that monument since I was 7, and nobody ever could tell me about it.
19 Church Yard K.JPG (75.1 KiB) Viewed 14196 times

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: The St. James Sag

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm

thats a beautiful cemetery :) i like the tree in the last picture! great post :)

and i take it that 's your bike? i dig it
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: The St. James Sag

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Yep that's my bike, and I really love the Sag. Incieently I forgot to mentin that long before Pier Marqueet held that first Mass over 300 years ago, the Sag was a Native American burrial mound.

Mike