The St. James Sag Part 3

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

The St. James Sag Part 3

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Here is a more sentimental view of the Sag, but there is a story about little Patricia Marie Jesse. As it turns out, she is actualy a distant cousen of mine. She tragicly lost her life at the tender age of 11, but the family stories are unclear as to how she met her demise. Some say she was struck by a hit-&-run driver. Others say she died from an alergic reaction to a bee sting. Lengend has it, however, that you can hear sobbing by that grave marker. Some say it's the sobbing of her mother, others say iths the sobbing of little Patricia. Regardless, the death of a little one is truely a tragidy for all involved but for the parents msot of all. There are many other grave markers at the Sag of children who died. My aunts Blossom age 12, and Anita Jess, age 4.
Attachments
The grave of Patricia Marie Jesse.  She is actualy a distant cousen of mine, but she died 3 years before I was born.
The grave of Patricia Marie Jesse. She is actualy a distant cousen of mine, but she died 3 years before I was born.
56 Grave Marker A.JPG (67.64 KiB) Viewed 15191 times
MEET MY FOLKS:  Here lie my parents and a very deer Uncle.  I have many a fond memory of my parents and  Uncle Bill, but to try to fit them all into a photo caption would not do them justice.
MEET MY FOLKS: Here lie my parents and a very deer Uncle. I have many a fond memory of my parents and Uncle Bill, but to try to fit them all into a photo caption would not do them justice.
38 O'Brien McCarthy Marker A.JPG (77.6 KiB) Viewed 15191 times
From what I've been told, this is one of the very oldest grave markers in the Sag.  It's possible, though not provable, that this marker actualy predates the establishment of the St. James Parish by almost 100 years.  Unfortunately, that can not be substantiated.
From what I've been told, this is one of the very oldest grave markers in the Sag. It's possible, though not provable, that this marker actualy predates the establishment of the St. James Parish by almost 100 years. Unfortunately, that can not be substantiated.
60 Tomb Stone I.JPG (71.71 KiB) Viewed 15191 times

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: The St. James Sag Part 3

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

thank you for sharing mike :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:31 pm

You are most welcome.

Belladonna
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Belladonna » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Thank you for sharing. :)
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."