Why Michigan is the haunt capital in the world?

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Why Michigan is the haunt capital in the world?

Post by iHaunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 am

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Why Michigan is the haunt capital in the world?

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Awww, I thought you meant actual hauntings instead of haunted attractions. :(
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Lots of Haunted attractions, plus isn't there a Hell, Michigan?

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm

We can always stop by and see Ted Nugent and Bob Seger! :wink: :wink: 8)

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Ted Nugent lives in Texas now. I think he has a ranch next to President Bush in Crawford. He still has a home here in Michigan though. I think he mainly lives in Texas now. Texas is a strong conservative state, while Michigan is slowly heading down that road. That is why he moved.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 pm

OK!!! Wait till I catch my breath....

Shew! I saw an unread thread started by iHaunt and thought he was back. Heart is still racing. I need to lie down.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Actualy I sort of miss iHaunt.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Truth? Me too. He sort of reminds me of the replacement referee issues in football right now. He threw a monkey wrench into the works but it sure was entertaining watching the fallout.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Boogeyman wrote:Ted Nugent lives in Texas now. I think he has a ranch next to President Bush in Crawford. He still has a home here in Michigan though. I think he mainly lives in Texas now. Texas is a strong conservative state, while Michigan is slowly heading down that road. That is why he moved.
Yea, I saw Anthony Bourdain do a show from his place. Texas like Georgia is overall conservative and gun loving(like me)But I'm seein boatloads of people pouring into both that just cant wait to make both states into California.

Btw...Kid Rock is Michigan guy too who is of the conservative bent. I like his music too, but his most recent hit single, where he talks about singing "Sweet Home Alabama" all summer long? The chorus and refrain instrumental sounds more like Warren Zevons "Werewolves of London" Dontcha' think?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I never noticed but then I never noticed the similarity between Ray Parker Jr's Ghostbusters and Huey Lewis' I Want a New Drug. I don't think Warren Zevon is gonna sue the Kid.

VanHelsing, if you ever get a chance, watch the CMT Cross Roads episode with Kid Rock and Hank Jr. I loved it. Even have it on my iPod.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I remember the big hula-balew when Huey sued Ray. I thought Huey had more class than that. I actually lost a lot of respect for him because of that.

Warrens been dead a few years now. I guess if the Ronnie Van Zant estate isn't going to sue Kid Rock, Warrens kids wont either.

I've seen the video of Kid and Hank, and love it. Of ALL the weird Hollywood stuff I never could understand was HOW Kid Rock and Pamela Sue got hooked up?

She is a big time vegan, and Kid and Hank Jr go hunting and fishing together. You just knew that wasn't going to work out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 am

VanHelsingStandIn wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Ted Nugent lives in Texas now. I think he has a ranch next to President Bush in Crawford. He still has a home here in Michigan though. I think he mainly lives in Texas now. Texas is a strong conservative state, while Michigan is slowly heading down that road. That is why he moved.
Yea, I saw Anthony Bourdain do a show from his place. Texas like Georgia is overall conservative and gun loving(like me)But I'm seein boatloads of people pouring into both that just cant wait to make both states into California.

Btw...Kid Rock is Michigan guy too who is of the conservative bent. I like his music too, but his most recent hit single, where he talks about singing "Sweet Home Alabama" all summer long? The chorus and refrain instrumental sounds more like Warren Zevons "Werewolves of London" Dontcha' think?
:?: :?: :?: :?:
That is because it is "Werewolves of London".

And I agree with you on people moving out of a state that is out of control and then voting for people of the same ideology they just fled. Think New Yorkers moving to South Carolina or Florida.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Speaking of gun control, there is a movement in Illinois, that is gaining momentum, DESPITE that our governor's a Democrat, to legalize the carrying of a concealed weapon. I doubt it will pass, but I totaly agree with it. I really think the State of Nevada is probably the safest state in the union because of their lack of gun control.

And now that I made my 'soap box' speech in favor of the 2nd amendment, I would like to talk about Michigan being the haunt capital of the world. According to the originator of this thread, he was speaking in terms of haunted attractions, (which Illinois has plenty of) but I've been doing some web surfing, and Michigan has a whole slew of FABULOUT "Haunted Road Trip" potentials. Most of Detroit is abandoned and there are a lot of stories about some of those places. There are abandoned mental hospitals, abandoned prisons, including a boys reformatory which was supposedly a hot bed of horible suffering, torture and beatings, and a whole host of other places too numerous to mention. I spent the better part of two hours just going through about a qarter of the list of haunted places in Michigan. Money is the only issue keeping me from making a trip there, but I bet you a trip to Michigan would yield at least another Bartonville or two.

Mike