Moon Point Cemetery C

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Moon Point Cemetery C

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Here is the 3rd and final installment of the Moon Point Cemetery photo shoot. Here is one of the oldest graves in the place, and then there were some brick ruins that I could not make out what they were. They likely may have been one of the brick corners of the fence, but there seems to be an aweful lot of wreckage for something like that. It totaly creaped me out in any case.

And here is a very lonly and old grave.  I can't swear to it, but I think the death date is before the outbreak of the Civil War.
And here is a very lonly and old grave. I can't swear to it, but I think the death date is before the outbreak of the Civil War.
Reduced 46 Head Stone F.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 26023 times
Here is a shot of that brick work.  Nature has definately taken it's toll to the point that one can hardly tell what it use to be.  Was it a Crypt?  Was it a care takers shed?  Was it something else?
Here is a shot of that brick work. Nature has definately taken it's toll to the point that one can hardly tell what it use to be. Was it a Crypt? Was it a care takers shed? Was it something else?
Reduced 40 Fallen Brick Work B.jpg (71.9 KiB) Viewed 26023 times
Here is a closer view of the ruins.  I would love to know that that structure use to be.
Here is a closer view of the ruins. I would love to know that that structure use to be.
Reduced 44 Fallen Brick Work E.jpg (63.07 KiB) Viewed 26023 times

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Moon Point Cemetery C

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 am

I can definitely make out "1839" on that one marker, but don't know if that is birth or death date.

We have a very old cemetery in the center of Murfreesboro. Must be the first one the town ever had, and it was founded around the turn of the 19th century (1800). So those graves are probably close to 200 years old now. However, the cemetery is locked most of the time. Occasionally people are allowed in to help clean it up--Boy Scout Eagle projects, that sort of thing. I was led past it on one of those Ghost Tours a few Halloweens ago. There are some stories connected to it, too.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Ulysses Grant must have been a popular name in the nineteenth century.

Great series of pics, Mike!! :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am

I didn't even notice the name! Do you suppose it could be relative of the President?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 am

I wonder if the bricks were part of a crypt?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 am

Could be!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm

I don't think he was "THE" Ulisies S. Grant. I had a kid who I want to school with and his name was John F. Kenedy. I also had a supervisor when I worked at Sears Roebuck back in the Christmas season of 81, who's name was Paul Newman.

That is a death dayt of 1839, by the way. I checked it with my original jpegs.

I was wondering the same thing about the brick ruins. They very could be the ruins of a crypt, but it's probably more likely that they are the corner posts of a raught iron fence that use to encircle the entire cemetery, but was overgrown by trees and shrubbery. It seemed like an aweful lot of rubble for a fence post, however, which is why I am thinking "shed" or even "crypt."

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 pm

That brick part looks like crypt. I don't know if anyone is allowed to go inside there? Also, I know a member here went to the cemetery and took some pics. The one with stone slabs with hole that is leading to the underground.... I'll see if I can find it and I will post it here. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm

It may very well be the remnants of a crypt, but most likely it was a brick pillar for a fence that use to surround the entire place. Part of that fence still stands, at the very front of the cemetery. Moon Point is also over 200 years old.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Mike, here are 3 pics that was taken by our friendly member here! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Where is this place located? I would love to take a 'haunted road trip' there and see what's inside.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Where is this place located? I would love to take a 'haunted road trip' there and see what's inside.

Mike
I believe it is in Dummerston, Vermont. But, not so sure and I already sent a PM to that guy who took those pics. I will wait for his response. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks. Vermont would be a fun motorcycle ride.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Thanks. Vermont would be a fun motorcycle ride.

Mike

Yes, that's correct. I got a message from Rising Dead Man the other days ago.... yes, it's in Dummerston, Vermont.
;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Well, I'll definately have to put that on my 'haunted road trip" itinary. I do have a cfouple of haunt jaunts planned for March, but money could be an issue as I am the throws of refinancing my house, and there are a few expenses related to Studio O'Brien Photography that I have to take care of.

But if I go anywhere I haven't been before, I'll be sure to post a few photos.

Mike