Bachelor Grove Cemetery A

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Bachelor Grove Cemetery A

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Folks:

Well I've beem promising since August, and finaly here it is. These are the photos that I shot while at Bachelor Grove last August. The mosquitos were out in force, and the palce was over grown and very hard to find, but it was well worth the effort. There were actualy others there when I got there, but the mosquitos chased them off.
This creepy little path was once a two lane highway, and part of  the Midlothian Turnpike.  It was closed down because drag racers frequented this stretchof road, and ofteh were involved in wrecks. Stories of ghost cars abound about this old road.
This creepy little path was once a two lane highway, and part of the Midlothian Turnpike. It was closed down because drag racers frequented this stretchof road, and ofteh were involved in wrecks. Stories of ghost cars abound about this old road.
Reduced 005 Road E.jpg (66.15 KiB) Viewed 21214 times
[/b][/size][/color]
Attachments
Here is the infamous monument where the ghostly shap of a woman is said to have been seen sitting and waiting for a man who never comes.
Here is the infamous monument where the ghostly shap of a woman is said to have been seen sitting and waiting for a man who never comes.
Reduced 015 Monuments B.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 21214 times
Here is what greets the eye as you enter the front gate of this most infamous cemetery.  The "mist" you see was caused by moisture condensing on my lense, and not by any apperitions, but stories about strange mists or "ektoplasma" abound.
Here is what greets the eye as you enter the front gate of this most infamous cemetery. The "mist" you see was caused by moisture condensing on my lense, and not by any apperitions, but stories about strange mists or "ektoplasma" abound.
Reduced 012 Cemetery A.jpg (74.98 KiB) Viewed 21214 times

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Bachelor Grove Cemetery A

Post by witchy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks for posting them Mike!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

It was my pleasure. I had a lot of fun shooting these photos, too.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by MacPhantom » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Great pics! Very creepy!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:11 pm

I want to go!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks. That was one of the creepiest places I ever visited, all though I didn ot actualy experience anything out of the ordinary. Bachelor Grove is located in Illinois, in the Chicago Area, but the name of the town alludes me at the moment. It's near the intersection of 143rd Street and Harlem.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Mike, you went to the cemetery most of the time..... how much do you know about them? Do you know what year the headstones and the small paths there?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Some of the head stones had dates and years on them, others did not. The head stone of the Fulton infant did not. The paths were there since the cemetery was there. The cemetery was founded almost 200 years ago. The road leading to the main gate use to be a segment of the Midlothian Turn Pike, until it was shut down.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 pm

Wow! More than 200 years from now isn't easy because that would have faded away the names and years. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:51 pm

200 years from now, some corporate weenie will probably turn the whole place into a condominium park. Bachelors Grove was actualy founded more then 200 years ago, in the very early 1800s. Like 1803 0r 1804 if I remember correctly. That would make iit about 206 give or take a year.

Mike