Bachelor Grove Cemetery C

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Bachelor Grove Cemetery C

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:22 am

Here is the 3rd and final installment of the photos from Bachelor Grove.
There are two legends associated with this stagnet pond.  The first one, which is most likely an 'urban legend,' is that it was used as a dumping-off point for dead bodies of those who Al Capone had 'rubbed out' back in the prohibition era.  The pond was never dragged for bodies so that can't be proven.  The other legend is that of a farmer who was out plowing his field years ago, and the horse that was pulling the plow, for some mysterious reason ran into the pond, taking the plow and the farmer with him.  On a night when there's full moon, some claim to see the ghostly apperition of that farmer riding the plow up out of the pond.  This body of water really creaped me out, and I was there in broad daylight.
There are two legends associated with this stagnet pond. The first one, which is most likely an 'urban legend,' is that it was used as a dumping-off point for dead bodies of those who Al Capone had 'rubbed out' back in the prohibition era. The pond was never dragged for bodies so that can't be proven. The other legend is that of a farmer who was out plowing his field years ago, and the horse that was pulling the plow, for some mysterious reason ran into the pond, taking the plow and the farmer with him. On a night when there's full moon, some claim to see the ghostly apperition of that farmer riding the plow up out of the pond. This body of water really creaped me out, and I was there in broad daylight.
Reduced 100 Pond D.jpg (49.65 KiB) Viewed 24292 times
Attachments
After leaving the cemetery, I thought I would see how far that old piece of haunted road went.   Unfortunately the mosquitos drove me a way.  I'll have to find that out when the bugs are gone for Winter.
After leaving the cemetery, I thought I would see how far that old piece of haunted road went. Unfortunately the mosquitos drove me a way. I'll have to find that out when the bugs are gone for Winter.
Reduced 142 Road M.jpg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 24292 times
Here's another view of the Fulton Monument.  Weathering and erosion has made the inscription almost impossible to read.
Here's another view of the Fulton Monument. Weathering and erosion has made the inscription almost impossible to read.
Reduced 028 Fulton Monument D.jpg (73.33 KiB) Viewed 24292 times

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Bachelor Grove Cemetery C

Post by witchy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:19 am

Wow, nice photo Mike!! Thanks for sharing them!!

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Midnight Witch » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:52 am

Creepy!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Excellent photos! :) Thanks for sharing.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey Mike! I checked out your own thread with pics... I really do like the one of old headstone. :D Thanks for sharing here! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm

I love visiting haunted places and taking photos. I plan to revisit the various places I've been, as well as visit a few that I was never at.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 pm

I would take a friend with me down that mysterious pathway, or a gun, or both.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I love visiting haunted places and taking photos. I plan to revisit the various places I've been, as well as visit a few that I was never at.

Mike
That would be fun! :D What was that haunted places that you've never been there before? Are they in Chicago?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:18 pm

There are quite a few places in the Chicago area. There's another abandoned mental hospital in Ottowa Ill, there are a few places in Indiana and Misouri and Ohio.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: There are quite a few places in the Chicago area. There's another abandoned mental hospital in Ottowa Ill, there are a few places in Indiana and Misouri and Ohio.

Mike

Cool! 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Right now the main issues are time, money and weather. We've been having major snow and cold lately. Mondy is short because I still have to recover a little from my new car purchase, and get my bank account back to where I need it to bee, and of course, between photo shoots at my regular job and freelance photo shoots, time is also pretty slim pickings. But you can bet, that when I do go on a 'haunted road trip' again, there will be pictures posted.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Two thumbs up, Mike! :) :thumright: :thumleft: