MOST RECENT HAUNTED ROAD TRIP PART 1

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

MOST RECENT HAUNTED ROAD TRIP PART 1

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi Folks:

As I said on another thread, I did actualy make it some place last Saturday. Unfortunately, the results were a bit disappointing. I was in a small town in Indiana, and I came across this little abandoned place that seemed to be a little creppy. I don't know if any of you will have the same feelings, and it was not the actual place I was looking for, but I thought it would be worth posting a few pics. It's not really an imposing structure like Bartonville or Bachelors Grove, but it just looked like an isolated, creep little abandoned house, though a little too modernistic to actualy be haunted. But you never know.

Enjoy.
Attachments
Here is another angular view from the other direction.  The mail box, and the way the doors and windows are what made me think it's a house, though it could just be a storage building.  But then why is it all boarded up with a "No Tresspassing" sign?
Here is another angular view from the other direction. The mail box, and the way the doors and windows are what made me think it's a house, though it could just be a storage building. But then why is it all boarded up with a "No Tresspassing" sign?
02 Front & Side A.JPG (54.22 KiB) Viewed 21633 times
Here is one view of the palce where there is no fence.
Here is one view of the palce where there is no fence.
01 Front & Side.JPG (83.71 KiB) Viewed 21633 times

ramaries69
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: MOST RECENT HAUNTED ROAD TRIP PART 1

Post by ramaries69 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:26 pm

It does have a creepy feel to it! Nice pic! Thanks for sharing!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Mike, have you went inside that house?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 pm

No, I didn't dare. Not that I was scared of what might be in that creepy little house, but it was right across the street from a police station. Besides that, that creepy little house shared a common lot with another old house that was very much occupied, and the owner was asking me all kinds of questions why I was taking pictures. I told him that I heard stories about the place. He told me to that there were 'some things best left alone," advised me to get back on my Harley and go home, and went back into his house.

I took him at his word. I stopped for a hamburger, then I got on my bike and went down the road. I don't know what the story about that house was, because as I indicated, I was looking for another palce, but that was the one I found.

At any rate, I got a good motorcycle ride out of it, and while it's not the Bartonville Insane Asylum, it was a little creepy looking.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 pm

That does indeed look quite creepy Mike.

What kind of stories had you heard about the place?
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Lillith
Halloween Master

Post by Lillith » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Pretty creepy. I'd love to know the story behind that little place.
Skin all bone-china white
O you were a vampire
And I may never see the light

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:27 pm

The guy didn't tell me about it, and I didn't ask. I was more or less on thin ice as it was, all though I didn't enter the property. One of the locals at the place where I stopped for my hamburger said that a murder/suicide was committed there, but again, that was not confirmed. Neither was it confirmed that any parenormal activity occured there. The guy who lived in the two story house on the same lot as that little brick place told me ".....some things are best left alone. Get back on your Harley and go home." and that's all he said.

The thing is, that little place had a rather creepy look and feel to it, all though it can't hold a candle to Bachelors Grove or the Bartonville Insane Asylum for creepyness. And while both Bartonville and Bachelors Grove have confirmed stories of parenormal happenings, the above featured place does not, or at least none that I know of. I was lead to believe that there is more to it then what you see in those pictures. The way I was told "...some things are best left alone...." reminded me of a lot of warnings given in various horror and 'haunted house' movies I've seen. He could have been warning me against something supernatural on the one hand. On the other hand, that may have been his "subtle" way of telling me to go away and mind my own business. IN either case, I didn't want to pry, and I didn't want to anger this guy, so I took him at his work.

It's allways a good idea to take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints when you go on a 'haunted road trip.' That's what I do. If the owner or someone wants to talk about it, great. If they don't want to talk about it, there could be a number of reasons, so I won't try to pump them for information.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Fair enough. Thanks for posting the pics though. :)

It is true though that "...some things are best left alone...."
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

It looks more like some kind of utility structure than an actual house?
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 pm

IT was on the grounds of another house, and it was all boarded up. I don't really know what it is or was, but it did creep me out a little, and I thought it would be fun to post a pic. My guess is that it may be a converted garage, but again, I rerally don't know.

Mike