Let's all go to Dracula's house!

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Let's all go to Dracula's house!

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 am

Like I said, that would really be an adventure and a great photo op, but money is too tight, and I don't want to stuck at an air terminal for hours on end waiting for my rerout because my original flight was cancelled or over booked.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 am

I would love to go, I think it would be double the fun with all our Halloween friends there!! :alien:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

That would be a hoot. As I said before, even if it isn't Dracula's house, we should try to meet at some haunted place on Friday October 13th, 2017 if it's feasable.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I've been to Transylvania, back before the wall came down. There are several places within the country of Romania that claim "Dracula Slept Here" but the one here is one of the ones, the experts are pretty sure Vlad Tepes did play around in. The wood carving that shows him feasting while his servants go about doing their impaling of people who ticked Vlad off is thought to have been done near this castle.

The thing about Transylvania is, that it really does look like an area that could house vampires and werewolves. The mountains are alpine and tend to have thick cloud cover that cover them during periods of the year.

At night it's real easy to look out your window and think of Gary Oldman coming to drain your hiney!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Kolchak wrote:At night it's real easy to look out your window and think of Gary Oldman coming to drain your hiney!!
Shew! Thought you said Gary Coleman.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

Like I said, Transelvania, and even the nation of Romania, would be the ultimate photo op for a guy like me.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Kolchak wrote:At night it's real easy to look out your window and think of Gary Oldman coming to drain your hiney!!
Shew! Thought you said Gary Coleman.

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Like I said, Transelvania, and even the nation of Romania, would be the ultimate photo op for a guy like me.

Mike

Mike, Romania is a pretty country. Under communist rule it was in pretty bad shape. Things have turned around quite a bit since the end of communism and Dracula/Vlad Tepes is a big tourist draw, and while people in the west might see him as a cruel and ruthless dictator, he's actually a National Hero to the Romanian people.

He helped keep the Turks out and was what we today might call a law and order kind of guy......

But, his idea of law and order would be to chop off one of your hands if you got caught stealing.

Get caught doing it a second time???

Well, put it like this. There would NOT be a third time! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

I can't even imagine the fabulous photo ops a trip that would present. Not just the castle itself, but the entire country side surrounding it and Bobo Pass. If I had the money, I would book a trip there just for the photo ops.

Mike

dekrue2013
Ghost

Post by dekrue2013 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Wow, I'd be so keyed for that. I won't lie and say that it wouldn't be at least a little unnerving. Especially in the safety of day. The night would probably be sleepless and every noise would be an adrenalin rush !
Peace and Happiness to you!
Come to my interesting store that is also Halloween friendly (or frightening, if you like).
http://newagemystique.com

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Like I said, Dracula's Castle would give me the photo op of my life. Even all I did was make a trip to Romania, that country is a haunted destination in and of itself. Romania is full of every kind of vampire legend, wearwolf legend, ghost story, witch legend and what have you?? "Dracula" is just the tip of the proverbial ice berg, and most well known.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 am

If you've ever seen the movie Cold Mountain, I'm pretty sure it was filmed in Transylvania. The producers said that country looked more like 19th century North Carolina than North Carolina does today. And, yes, it is very beautiful.

Cold Mountain is one of my all-time favorite books. I had some issues with the movie version, but it is well made, and the scenery is gorgeous.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

One fo the things I most envy all Europeans, is their long history of folklore. It's from Europe that most of the lore surrounding all of our favorite fiends come. In most European countries, you can find houses that are over 700 years old, grave yards that date back to the Roman Occupation, and a brutal history of various monarchs who were vicious tyrants.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon May 12, 2014 9:51 pm

The castle is for sale...

I think we should all pitch in some money and buy the place. I have... $7.36 in my pocket.