HAUNTED ROAD TRIP BEING PLANNED

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

HAUNTED ROAD TRIP BEING PLANNED

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Folks:

I feel like the proverbial 'broken record,' but yesterday I e-mailed the Chamber of Comerce in Travers Michigan, to see about getting permission to explore the now closed down and supposedly very haunted Travers City State Hospital in Travers City, Michigan. One of the employees there e-mailed me back a web link and a telephone number for me to call to make the arrangements. I will save all the haunting detales for when I get back and post the photographs, but this is going to be a MAJOR blast if it works out. Keep your fingers crossed, because this institution may actualy be opened for tourism, and there are a lot of buildings and some very creepy places, hall ways, the morgue, and a whole host of thrills and chills that could be awaiting yours truely.

Of course, to add to all the fun, I will be taking the new Harley. I did go on a 'haunted road trip' on the harley to Indiana last Summer, but it turned out to be a disappointment. This will be the first real 'haunted road trip for the Harley, and I am so excited about it, I just had to post to Halloween.com

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

By the way, if any of you are in the Travers Michigan area, perhaps we could meet up for a 'haunted" get-together.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: HAUNTED ROAD TRIP BEING PLANNED

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Fingers crossed you run into a ghost, Mike! Strange thing to hope for a person, but you asked for it! 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Actualy I never met a ghost, but what I am crossing my fingers for is so that the 'powers that be' will allow me full run of the place, and allow me to take photos.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Just tell them that you have PhDs in parapsychology and psychology and that you're on "official state business" 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm

They have ways of checking that out, and besides it's allways a good idea to be totaly honest. I would never try to get into any place under false pretenses. However, I don't think it would be dishonest of me to state that my reason is because I like photographing old hisrotical places, which is actualy true. The information I'll omit is being interested in the place because of rumors of it being haunted. Those stories are all over the internet, so I know of them and they probably know that I know, but my purpose to any 'haunted road trip' that I make it to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but foot prints.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:11 am

Sounds fab, Mike! Can't wait to see your photos. You're not gonna be too far (40-ish miles) from Mackinac (pronounced Mack-ih-naw by the natives) Island-- the military fort on the island as well as the fort on the mainland are s'posed to be haunted as well. The island is kinda fun because I'm pretty sure cars and motorized vehicles aren't allowed there-- everything is either horse powered or people-powered (ie-bicycles).

I can't wait to hear about your trip. It sounds like it's going to be a blast! =D

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

Have fun, Mike! Good luck with the clearances!

Jadewik, wasn't Mackinac Island the setting for that romantic movie with Chris Reeve & Jane Seymour, Somewhere in Time?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey, if I can swing it, maybe I'll do a side trip to Mackinac Island. Make it a double 'haunted road trip.'

I left them a message, and they left me a message to contact them early Friday afternoon, so that's what I'm going to do. IT's looking better and better.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:30 am

Murfreesboro wrote:Jadewik, wasn't Mackinac Island the setting for that romantic movie with Chris Reeve & Jane Seymour, Somewhere in Time?
Hmm... mebbe. I can't recall exactly-- that was so long ago.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 am

jadewik wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:Jadewik, wasn't Mackinac Island the setting for that romantic movie with Chris Reeve & Jane Seymour, Somewhere in Time?
Hmm... mebbe. I can't recall exactly-- that was so long ago.
Yes. Yes it was. Just don't tell anyone I love that movie. :oops:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Everybody my age seems to love it. Oddly, I missed it when it first came out, saw it for the first time on DVD last year! It was kind of sad seeing Chris Reeve being so young and vibrant, knowing how he ended.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 pm

I half remember seeing that movie in the theatres way, WAY back in 1981. If I remember correctly, a guy "thinks" himself back in time, and he pulls a modern penny out of his pocket and ends up back in the present.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Yes, that's the one.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm

That movie was okay for a "chick flick," but I would have prefered a more pragmatic method of traveling through time.

A space ship or time machine, perhaps.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am

It is primarily a chick flick, I agree. Chris Reeve & Jane Seymour were both very pretty people when that movie was made.