INSIDE BARTONVILE INSANE ASYLUM PART 5

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

INSIDE BARTONVILE INSANE ASYLUM PART 5

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Like every abandoned insane asylum, the Bartonville Institution had underground tunnels that lead to various other buildings on the grounds when it was in full swing. Unfortunately most of them have been sealed off, but I did manage a couple of shots of some of the old enterances. Then the tour heads up to the attic.

Attachments
Attics are generaly creeepy places, especialy in an older building.  This attic was used primarily as a storage area for the patient's luggage.  When the owners purchased that building, he found luggage upon luggage, some of it over 100 years old, containing belongings that were stored there and long forgotten.  Unfortunately all those items were placed in a storage facility waiting to be placed on exhibit when the asylum is fixed up and turned into a museum.
Attics are generaly creeepy places, especialy in an older building. This attic was used primarily as a storage area for the patient's luggage. When the owners purchased that building, he found luggage upon luggage, some of it over 100 years old, containing belongings that were stored there and long forgotten. Unfortunately all those items were placed in a storage facility waiting to be placed on exhibit when the asylum is fixed up and turned into a museum.
15 Attic.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 14250 times
In another part of the building, part of one of those tunnels was actualy accessable.  According to what I was told by my tour guid, this was the very tunnel that lead to the hospital morgue.  Unfortunately the morge is located in the basement which was off limits to tourists due to asbestos hazzards.
In another part of the building, part of one of those tunnels was actualy accessable. According to what I was told by my tour guid, this was the very tunnel that lead to the hospital morgue. Unfortunately the morge is located in the basement which was off limits to tourists due to asbestos hazzards.
14 Tunnel.jpg (45.8 KiB) Viewed 14250 times
Here is a tunnel enterence that was bricked up years ago, but was partialy uncovered by the owners of the old building.  You can still see the old iron gate that kept it closed off to the wrong personelle.
Here is a tunnel enterence that was bricked up years ago, but was partialy uncovered by the owners of the old building. You can still see the old iron gate that kept it closed off to the wrong personelle.
13 Cloosed Off Tunnel Entry.jpg (62.1 KiB) Viewed 14250 times

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: INSIDE BARTONVILE INSANE ASYLUM PART 5

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks Mike for posting these pictures, they were really cool. :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: INSIDE BARTONVILE INSANE ASYLUM PART 5

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Those tunnels were really creepy, and I wanted in the worst way to get inside for the ultimate "haunted" photo op.

Mike