INSIDE BARTONVILLE INSANE ASYLUM PART 6

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

INSIDE BARTONVILLE INSANE ASYLUM PART 6

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Here is the final resting places for the patients in the Bartonville Insane Asylum. It was a very lucky thing that I was allowed into that cemetery, which is usualy not opened to the public.
Attachments
During the WW 1 Era, many soldiers were driven insane by a condition that was known as "shell shock" back in those days.  The World One veteran burried under this grave marker was probably a normal young man who joined the service, and then upon returning from the war, broken and out of his mind, died in the Bartonville Insane Asylum after spending the rest of his life there.
During the WW 1 Era, many soldiers were driven insane by a condition that was known as "shell shock" back in those days. The World One veteran burried under this grave marker was probably a normal young man who joined the service, and then upon returning from the war, broken and out of his mind, died in the Bartonville Insane Asylum after spending the rest of his life there.
19 Grave Marker.jpg (103.36 KiB) Viewed 29203 times
Here is a close-up of one of those head stones.  The individual burried here was burried in 1936.  I wonder how long that person was confined to the asylum before he died.
Here is a close-up of one of those head stones. The individual burried here was burried in 1936. I wonder how long that person was confined to the asylum before he died.
18 Head Stone.jpg (114.6 KiB) Viewed 29203 times
Here is an overview of the grave yard where many a mental patient were laid to rest.
Here is an overview of the grave yard where many a mental patient were laid to rest.
17 Cemetery Overview.jpg (86.03 KiB) Viewed 29203 times

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: INSIDE BARTONVILLE INSANE ASYLUM PART 6

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 pm

very cool!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Nice work mike.

No one should be lost to time especially those that gave their all for their fellow citizens, even if their wounds weren't visible on the outside, and their deaths occurred post war.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you both for the nice compliments. I agree about how we should treat our veterans, too. World War 1 cost that man his sanity, and the significant portion of his life locked up. I might have placed some flowers on that grave if I had any. Next time I visit there, that's what I will do.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Wow, Mike! Those were amazing photographs. Thanks for sharing your haunted road trip with us. I really like the perspective shots of the rooms. =)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks, Jadewik. I love taking those kinds of photos. I still didn't see or hear anything of a paranormal nature, and probably never will, but to me it's worth it just for the photo op.

Mike

zeeshan002
Ghost

Post by zeeshan002 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 am

No one should be lost to time especially those that gave their all for their fellow citizens, even if their wounds weren't visible on the outside, and their deaths occurred post war.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 am

Well, what do ya know??? I posted these pics quite a while ago. I also posted others of the Bartonville Insane Asylum and it's still up to this very day. I don't know if this will help the moderator or not, but it was nice to see those photos again. A house fire in Jan of 2015 destroyed everything I had, including my camera that I used to shoot those photos, and all the discs and my computer that I had those pictures on. Anyway I'm okay and am living in a beautiful home in Streator Ill. Streator has a lot of creepy looking places to photograph so I hope everyone enjoys future postings.

Anyway, the new moniker is Pumpkin_Head for those of you who either knew be back then or don't know me yet.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Looking forward to new photos.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

How nice that a few things were preserved in unexpected places! These photos are tres cool!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Well, I do plan to revisit Bachelors Grove, Moon Point, and there are also a few places I found out about that I have never been to yet. At any rate when I can, I will post pics.

Mike