going the lazy way and want to buy a halloween pumpkin

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
hiphop
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

going the lazy way and want to buy a halloween pumpkin

Post by hiphop » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:21 am

having a party and need alot of halloween pumpkins so i thought i would buy rather than spend 3 days hollowing 50 out!! thought id have a look online but can only really find tacky looking ones... ebay came back with this rubbish http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories and even price comparison sites werent that helpful http://www.twenga.com/dir-Housewares,Pa ... en-pumpkin
anyone got any tips for somewhere that sells better ones?? or does anyone want me to pay them to do 50 pumpkins for me?!! get back to me its a serious offer!!!

writerpatrick
Master Reaper

Re: going the lazy way and want to buy a halloween pumpkin

Post by writerpatrick » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find anything mass produced that doesn't look like it was done by an amateur.

Try sticking cut-outs to the pumpkins. You can get books of cheap colored paper (check the dollar stores) and cut out eyes and mouths which you can tape on. Or you can even find carving templates online and cut those out to stick on. That way the pumpkins will last longer after Halloween. You can then cook them up or give them away.

Similarly, you could use templates and spray paint, although you'll want to use a non-toxic paint. It would take a bit of time to carve out ten or twenty templates, but the decorating would go very quickly.

Another option is the "extreme" method which involves the use of power tools. But even that would be a fair bit of work for 50 pumpkins. And you're not likely to get anything that looks all that great.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 pm

'borrow' 50 pumpkins from a neighboring town.

I find that most people are the least resistant to 'borrowing' around 2AM. 8)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

hiphop
Ghost

Post by hiphop » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 am

i think i'll steer clear of "borrowing" pumpkins from my neighbours... maybe il do a batch and il send out with the invites "bring a pumpkin"!!!! saving me the effort and still making the party look great, dont know why i didnt think of that before!! good idea on the spray paint too... like that alot, thanks

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

That's a great idea, part of your party can be carving contest with a small prize each for original/funniest/scariest.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

mesmark
Zombie

Post by mesmark » Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 am

You can buy foam pumpkins but they're usually $20-$25 each. Also, you need a lot of space to store 50 foam pumpkins ... I have 6 and they take up a bit of room in the storage closet.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 am

Rubbish is right! The only half way decnent looking one was the more traditional jack o'lantern with the skelitol hand in it's mouth. As for hallowing out 50 pumpkins, I don't know what to tell you, there. Fake or real, that sounds like it would be an expensive proposition.

Mike