Jack O'Lanterns

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Jack O'Lanterns

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 am

My niece went to a pumpkin patch and brought a little pumpkin for me to carve. I asked her what she wanted and she said 'a monster!! with only one eye!' So I carved a simple cyclops with fangs for her. She left it at my house though on Halloween night and by late evening on November 1st, the fangs had already started to shrivel and curl under :( I didn't have the heart to show her that her little pumpkin had become the toothless wonder.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:My niece went to a pumpkin patch and brought a little pumpkin for me to carve. I asked her what she wanted and she said 'a monster!! with only one eye!' So I carved a simple cyclops with fangs for her. She left it at my house though on Halloween night and by late evening on November 1st, the fangs had already started to shrivel and curl under :( I didn't have the heart to show her that her little pumpkin had become the toothless wonder.
That's a cool carving! I bet it looked awesome when it was first carved?

Did your niece have a great Halloween? My son sure did! :D
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 am

Jack Skellington wrote:
Pumpkin56 wrote:My niece went to a pumpkin patch and brought a little pumpkin for me to carve. I asked her what she wanted and she said 'a monster!! with only one eye!' So I carved a simple cyclops with fangs for her. She left it at my house though on Halloween night and by late evening on November 1st, the fangs had already started to shrivel and curl under :( I didn't have the heart to show her that her little pumpkin had become the toothless wonder.

It was cool enough for her. She giggled when I lit it for her :)

She had a great Halloween and really cleaned up on the candy! I'm glad your son had a blast as well. It always makes the day better, doesn't it?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

Yes, Halloween, like Christmas, really needs kids to complete it. They don't necessarily have to be your own kids, but you need to see some of the young ones, at least.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:06 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:
Jack Skellington wrote:

It was cool enough for her. She giggled when I lit it for her :)

She had a great Halloween and really cleaned up on the candy! I'm glad your son had a blast as well. It always makes the day better, doesn't it?
Yes it does. It makes all the effort us Pumpkinheads go to worthwhile. :D
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:58 am

Just posted my pumpkin and pattern for 2011 at my DA account

Carved Pkin- http://fav.me/d4hj4s3
2011 Pattern- http://fav.me/d4hj4fi

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Wow, you created that pattern? Looks great!

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Wow, you created that pattern? Looks great!
Thanks! I've been making pumpkin patterns since about 1996... maybe one a year? Some are more original than others, I've started to post the more original ones over at DeviantArt. If you ever have any ideas for patterns, let me know-- I'll see what I can do about putting something together. I don't exactly have a lot of time... but I do try to do a new carving pattern each year. Lately, I've been doing werewolves-- lots of werewolf fans out there, but not a lot of good werewolf carving patterns.

My pumpkin pattern gallery is here:
http://jadewik.deviantart.com/gallery/7488214

So long as you don't make money off or alter my patterns and call them your own, you're free to use 'em. One of my early patterns has actually made the rounds... in a "public domain" archive. It's not public domain. I own the image copyright and have released it under a creative commons license.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Oooh, those are very imaginative! Thanks for sharing, and for your offer!

My wedding anniversary is in October. Maybe next year I'll use the bride & groom one!