I need pumpkin suggestions...

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

I need pumpkin suggestions...

Post by Pumpkin56 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Good evening my fellow Halloween-heads. I'm carving quite a few pumpkins this year and I'm a little thin in the idea department. I would love nothing more than to get some suggestions on what to carve and I know I'll get some good ones here. My collection currently has the four main Universal monsters, a few werewolves, a skeleton, a few vampires, a gargoyle, some bats, a haunted forest, Freddy, and a Dracula Mr. Burns. The suggestion booth is now open! Thank you all in advance! :)

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Re: I need pumpkin suggestions...

Post by Pumpkin56 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Oh yeah I also have the ghoul that is my avatar as well. Forgot about him for a sec

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:52 pm

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 am

You can make anything a carving pattern... but I know what you mean about ideas-- I used to have trouble finding things to carve... it all depends on what you want to do.

You could do castles, haunted houses, pirates, pirate ships, ghosts, skeletons, scarecrows, text (like "beware" or "keep out"), horses, headless horsemen, Grim Reapers, Angels and Demons or monsters of all sorts... Owls, Black Cats, the number 13... witches, warlocks, wizards, dragons, skulls, cannibals, zombies... I mean, you could go on forever. FOR-EV-ER. (Spoken "Sand Lot" style.)

If you're looking for free patterns, I do have a few things I've drawn up available at my Deviant Art account here:
http://jadewik.deviantart.com/gallery/7488214

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 am

My wife & I are going to do Freddy this year. It'll be our first attempt. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 am

Also, you may do the search by Google online. ;)

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 am

We're thinking about doing a haunted house carving too. I've seen pictures online of some people's & they look awesome! :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 am

These are all good suggestions, but I guess the trouble I am having is that I've been doing this for so long that everything I run across has kind of a been there, done that vibe to it. I prefer carving different sorts of monsters, but it almost feels like those are in short supply :?

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

Curious what your Haunted Forest pattern looks like?
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 am

Have you ever carved a dinosaur? Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:09 am

It's actually a really simple one, but a lot of people seem to like it. It's a cut-out design of trees and there are little ghosts peeking around the trunks, around rocks and through the leaves. There's also a little owl sitting on one of the tree branches. When it's lit, you see the tree outlines and all of these little eyes glowing everywhere. I got the pattern (and quite a few others) from Masterpiece Pumpkins. Here's a link that has a little picture of it--it's part of the vintage Halloween II collection:

http://www.yankeeharvest.com/halloween/ ... books.html

The artist, Gene Granata, has a TON of great designs and he does custom patterns too. He created my Headless Horseman that I'm carving this year :)

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:56 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:These are all good suggestions, but I guess the trouble I am having is that I've been doing this for so long that everything I run across has kind of a been there, done that vibe to it. I prefer carving different sorts of monsters, but it almost feels like those are in short supply :?
(Emphasis added.)

So... what ye be sayin' is yah cannae find a "new" pattern?... sometan nary an eye has seen before and has not been carved a lot?

Different sorts of monsters? What exactly are ye lookin' tah carve?... Because if they're in short supply, I wouldn't mind drawing up some patterns-- not this year, though, because I be out of time tah draw.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Haha that is exactly what I'm saying. I actually found some Walking Dead designs, but I think a lot of people would be lost if they don't watch the show. If only Dr. Frankenstein was here to create a new breed of monster to terrify us all...

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Shut up! Okay Jadewik, I just now got around to checking out your pumpkin patterns and I actually have one of your werewolves in my collection already! It seems like it was a year or two ago that I found it. It's the one that's standing up and holding the tree branch. I think this means that we are like, cosmically linked or something :lol:

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, when I drew that one when there weren't a lot of werewolf patterns out there... It's funny how it has made the rounds. People have no idea who created it, so it's fun to pop around and see where all it's been. Unfortunately, though, I'm always having to claim copyright because I posted it back in the days when people were just stealing images w/out any reguards for the artist and copyright... so I'm semi-famous for it... but not.... because no one knows it's mine.

I'm always open for pattern ideas... so if you've any, let me know.