Man I could go for some pumpkin carving...

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Man I could go for some pumpkin carving...

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

NeverMore wrote:
Roommate is planning on planting some pumpkin seeds this weekend. Seems to me it's a bit early but, hey... it's her show. Just have something for me to stab in October.
You should tell her to grow some giant pumpkins. That'll keep you busy come October 8)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:You should tell her to grow some giant pumpkins. That'll keep you busy come October 8)
Shall do.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

St0ney
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by St0ney » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:00 am

Morticia wrote:I totally agree about the smell. Love it. One of my favorite things.
If you like the smell, after you carve a pumpkin, Sprinkle some cinnamon on the inside of the Lid, when you light the Candle inside.

It will smell like a fresh baked Pumpkin Pie.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 am

Oh, yum! What a great tip!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:You should tell her to grow some giant pumpkins. That'll keep you busy come October 8)
Yeah. Got lots of carving to do. Still trying to come up with the best designs for the pumpkins I grew. I'm doing four of them as the old Universal Monsters... Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, werewolf, and mummy.

Thinking of doing a headless horseman on one pumpkin, then a couple feet in front of that another pumpkin with a flaming face, so it looks like he just threw it. Maybe put the flaming face pumpkin on a stick so it's up in the air a bit.

Also thinking of doing a witch flying across the moon with bats carved on the back. I want to hang that one from a plant hanger so it's in the air and the bats on the back cast light on the wall of the house.

Below are the patterns I'm gonna do for sure. Just have to print out the patterns and transfer them. We're planning on having a pumpkin carving party Saturday night so I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the pumpkins by then.

temp.jpg
temp.jpg (80.12 KiB) Viewed 15977 times
The tree goes in the graveyard, the wolf stacks on top of the beware sign, not sure what to do with the skull face yet but that pattern fits that pumpkin perfectly.

Oh yeah, with the Universal Monsters, if I have an uncarved pumpkin left over, I'm just gonna tell people that's the invisible man.

[/size][/color]

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]