>100
26%

Total votes: 57

writerpatrick
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Trick-or-Treating out of style?

Post by writerpatrick » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 am

I think a lot of it depends upon how many of eligible age live in the area. We had a lot of small kids on the street for a while but now they're mostly teens. Although the news was hyping H1N1 and scaring a lot of parents out of letting their kids ToTing.

The biggest danger is the younger kids not doing it but just going to parties or malls instead. Then they never learn to develop the love if TOTing.

I also noticed very few carved or even decorated pumpkins this year. People just don't seem to want to put in the work. At the very least they could sick stuff onto the pumpkins. (Hmm. It sounds like a possible idea for my company. I'll have to work on that for the future.)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, if TOT is going out of style, nobody told the kids in my town that. I had one of my biggest years ever for TOT. That could be because it fell on a Saturday, but it was a banner year for TOT never the less.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 pm

thats so nice to hear mike.. i think halloween was bigger this year than in the past 2
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Great, Mike! That restores my faith. :)
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:00 pm

I took a drive around the neighborhood Friday night to check out everyone else's decorations, and was shocked. There were about five houses in total that had any decorations, and only two that looked like someone had done more than stick out a pumpkin or hang a string of lights. In past years, there have always been at least a few houses that could compete with mine, but this year, nothing. It's almost like the whole town agreed they just weren't doing Halloween this year.

Luckily, the trick or treaters didn't get the memo. They came out in droves, and I had the best year yet. Well over a hundred.