16%
>100
26%

Total votes: 57

Bewara
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Bewara » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:00 pm

We get about 80 kids each year usually. This year because of the tropical storm winds and sporadic rain, we only got around 30 kids.

We usually make the house as spooky as possible. My mom comes over and she and my boyfriend dress up in costumes (they vary each year) and hide then jump out at the kids, or even chase them down the street. The kids LOVE it! So we draw a lot more kids than the normal numbers for our area.

I made a spreadsheet that I update each year with the total so we can keep track of it. lol, yeah sometimes ocd can be useful :wink:
beginning the yard haunt adventure

mkz
Vampire

Re: Trick-or-Treating out of style?

Post by mkz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:37 pm

I am getting less and less trick or treaters every year. Many years ago I can have a huge crate of candy and still manage to run out, but last year I only went with a single medium size bag and still had to give out double the serving near the end in order to empty it :|
Scifi horror movies freak :P

mike Z @
http://www.costumesupercenter.com

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 am

yea, last time i went to the mall on halloween, last year, theyre were ALOT of kids,, it makes me wonder why people have to be so untraditional... i was ther cause i cant trick or treat anymore. but how the heck is it safer when ur in the mall
either way you are with parents... maybe its the parents fault cause they have a short attencian span and cant keep track of their kids but when they are in the mall they can go to security and ask where's my kid?
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:51 pm

On the street at night there can be all kinds of weirdos. But in the mall it is more safe. But it still makes me sad to read that trick or treating has to happen in a mall. It is so boring. I would rather go through a town at night getting candy than in a mall. YUCK! :evil:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 pm

I love Halloween, and when I was a kid, I would go out right after I got home from school, and be out until 9 or 10, then go to the Park spook house that would be opened until midnight. It was a great time, and I brought home a huge bag of candy.

Now a days, people are afraid to open their doors to trick or treaters, and they are afraid to let their kids go ot trick or treating because of all the perverts that are out there these days. I feel really bad, but in my town, trick ot treat is STRICTLY limited to four hours on Halloween. 3:00 to 7:00 and very strictly enforced. I can't blaim the cops for that, either. The world we live in is a damn sight more dangerous then the one I lived in when I was a kid on 111th and Drake.

Mike

jerseygirl13
Crypt Keeper

Post by jerseygirl13 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 pm

We get a decent amount of trick-or-treaters, even though my street is kinda busy. My whole neighborhood has a lot of kids, actually. My friend, who lives on the other side of the street (across a major road) barely gets any trick-or-treaters.
I've also noticed these last few years that trick-or-treaters are starting to come out a little later around here. Like I remember having kids at my door at like 3 pm, and now I swear I don't see the 1st kid until like between 3:30 and 4. I'm like 'huh?'

Sancho12
Ghost

Post by Sancho12 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:20 am

This will be my first Halloween in the house I live in now. We bought the place in 2006 and I was in Iraq that Halloween and the year after as well, but from what I've seen so far there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood. The only thing that has me concerned is the lack of decorations I've seen thus far. I took a drive yesterday and only spotted three houses with decorations out. Here's hoping we get a good turn out.

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:49 pm

I've noticed a lack of decorations as well.
If I get paid before Halloween, after finishing my costume...
I might pick up SOMETHING for the house.
(We cannot afford decorations right now, but we're picking stuff up after for cheap.)

I can understand why parents won't let their children go trick-or-treating, but they're the ones that are too lazy and thus ruin it.
My mom used to drive behind our group and we'd go for HOURS.
(Mom would always eat our candy that we stashed in the car as payment.)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:21 pm

We don't have that problem in my town as far as the Halloween decorations go. There's still plenty of Halloween spirit. It's just that parents are more and more aprehensive about letting their kids go out TOTing because of all the predators out there. I wouldn't say that ToT is going out of style completely, but it's certainly nothing like it was wh en I was a kid.

Mike

PumpkinReaper
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by PumpkinReaper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

The most ToTers I ever got was 10 I think. All the neighborhoods I lived in were very quiet.
:(

writerpatrick
Master Reaper

Post by writerpatrick » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:00 pm

I think for the past couple years we've had about 70. We live in a more mature area so there isn't always as many kids around, and I don't think there's more than a couple little ones of TOTing age on the street. But there are a lot of families in the area and the street has generally been good for TOTing. (Although there are street lights, the trees tend to block them making the street fairly dark so that the pumpkins show up well.)

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:06 pm

i really do hope that its not out of style.. where i live there just aren't many children lol

but my house before we would have easily over 100 ToTs
possibly over 200 :) it was so much fun
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:16 am

Oh please, I hope it never goes out of style!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 am

i don't think it will :) this year there were MORE trick or treaters at my door and they all varied in ages :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 am

I guess we got about 35 and from what I was told, thats pretty good for our neighborhood, maybe next year there will be more?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"