What do you hand out on Halloween?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What do you hand out on Halloween?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 am

My older brother gives out full sized boxes of Cracker Jack, and he's one of the most popular TOT houses on his block.

I am also one of the more popular houses because of some of the candy that I give out. Believe it or not, Tootsie Pops are still quite popular in my neck of the woods, too event hough I don't like them much.

Mike

jerseygirl13
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by jerseygirl13 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 pm

We usually hand out chocolate - mini Hershey bars, Reeses' peanut butter cups, Kit Kat, etc. Every couple of Halloweens or so though, I get sick of giving out chocolate, so I try to convince my mom to give out something else, lol.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Unfortunately for a lot of people, though, M O N E Y plays the most significant role in what they give out for TOT. Food is more expensive like everything else, and that applies to Halloween candy as much as it does to Pork Chops or canned peas. One mf my neighbors is giving out individual sticks of chewing gum because that's all he can afford.

Mike

california ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by california ghoul » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Every year we hand out assorted mini candies (usually a mix of hershey bars, reese's peanut butter cups, whoopers...etc). Last year was kind of neat because my fiance and I went to Wal-Mart and found ACT brand popcorn balls. We handed them out and a lot of kids said "Wow, a popcorn ball!". I don't remember ever getting a popcorn ball myself, but it was nice to do something different.
Here in Northern California it's kind of a big no no to hand out things that aren't pre-packaged, like I don't think I could ever hand out home-made candy apples or popcorn balls. It's sad that we can't trust one another...and that one person ruined it for the many.
I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus

jerseygirl13
Crypt Keeper

Post by jerseygirl13 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 pm

My mom already got what we're giving out this year. Kit Kats, Reese's, Twizzlers, and Nutrageous. When I saw the Nutrageous, I was like "OMFG Mom, that's my favorite candy bar in the whole world, buy more for meeee!" :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 pm

I think my favorite is the Butter Finger, but I am anso partial to Almond Joy and Mouns.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm

I only have 3-10 TOT'ers. I can hand out cool stuff. No neighbors. I love getting Laffy Taffy. I also love the old timey candy like those peanut butter kisses like I got when I was a kid.

There is this one house we go to each year that has really big candy bars they save for the best costumes, and another that has a big popcorn maker, like in theaters, & they hand out bags of popcorn.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

RckyMtnmomx3
Crypt Keeper

Post by RckyMtnmomx3 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:32 pm

The stick of gum hander outer is not a very wise shopper. Bags of candy are way cheaper than packs of gum. What do you get, like 8 sticks per $1 pack?

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 pm

When I wasn't allowed to TOT I had to keep the tradition going at my home because my parents disliked Halloween so I used to make my mum buy some cheap stuff like mini Milky Ways, Mars Bars, Lolly pops, Safeway's own Halloween Treats (Now Morrisons), Kit Kats. It was fun handing them out and when I stop TOTing I will enjoy dressing up and handing out again :)
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:48 pm

I agree rcky. Lolly pops or some other candy would have been better and cheaper then the chewing gum, and I think it was Wrigleys, and they only give you 7 sticks to a one dollar pack.

Goul, that's one way to go about it, and giving out the candy can be as much fun as getting it.

Mike

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:11 am

I like to hand out candy that is really unique and not well known so people will remember my house as a 'good' house.
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm

I like to have the TOTers think of my house as a 'good' house, too. That's why I usualy hand out Butter Fingers, Reses, or Snickers. Last year I handed out Tootsie Pops because I didn't want to have candy that I would eat myself. This year, however, I am going to go with the tasty candy like the Butter Fingers, though because it will be my last chance at these tasty candies.

Mike

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 pm

We're giving out Halloween gummy candies and normal gummy candies.

Hopefully we don't run out.
*loves gummys*

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Well, last year I got a couple bags of cheap candy and then some chocolates and stuff. I think I spent close to twenty bucks on the candy.
I figured I could hand out the cheaper stuff first, and that way if there's anything left over, it's the good stuff. :P
Most likely I'll do the same thing this year, and make sure to get plenty of reeses candies and maybe some snickers and twix bars along with the "el cheapo" candy.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, there are TONS of candies to hand out! LOL

This year I believe I am going to get some Hershey and M&M products to give out to TOT-ers. :) Of course, some Halloween lollipops are great too! :D