At What Age Did you Stop Trick or Treating?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?

At What Aged did you Stop Trick or Treating?

10 to 11
5%
11 to 12
10%
13 to 14
30%
15 to 16
15%
Never stopped, I still do it
38%
Never when Trick Or Treating
3%

Total votes: 40

JonH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: At What Age Did you Stop Trick or Treating?

Post by JonH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 pm

yep, we actually had someone there with us that was willing to count everyone. 215 kids, from little babies to 18 year old high schoolers. Its awesome around here, every other house has a full party going on with everyone on the front porch or drive way, fire pits everywhere, coolers of adult beverages, lots of jack o lanterns & decorations, etc. I love it. Oh, and I have no idea why my first msg double-posted earlier, sorry about that.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 pm

So tell me about the fire pits. Where are they located? How do you keep people from falling into them? How big are they? Are they just for decorations, or do you use them to roast food?

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 am

I think Murf is looking for instructions on how to build one....perhaps to push the really bad hooligans into? 8)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am

:lol: No, I'm not intending to build one. I am just curious. We have one of those outdoor braziers, as do most people around here. If I want a fire other than pumpkins, that's what I'll use.

JonH
Crypt Keeper

Post by JonH » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am

I don't mean an actual pit in the ground, like at a camp site, I mean one of those metal fire bowls that people buy for their back yard or deck (mine is actually a metal bowl surrounded by a slate ledge, perfect for propping up your feet). I don't know if its a local STL thing or not, but around here people like to put them out on their driveways and sit around them on Halloween night, with a full fire blazing. Many of us actualy hand the candy out right there, instead of having the kids knock on the door (many, not most - I'd say 90% of the houses still act "traditional" & just have the kids come to the doors). Just a fun way to spend the evening and harken back to the ancient Samhain bonfires - not that most of the people are really thinking about that while they're staying warm & throwing a few back :wink:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Oh, one of our neighbors does that! And they construct a little haunted walkway for the kids to come claim their candy by the bonfire! It always looks like good fun.

We have one of those in the backyard. Perhaps we should pull it to the front and do that this Halloween!

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:42 pm

I wish everyone here was my neighbor. Nobody does anything cool like that in my neighborhood. :x

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

I've allways been promising myself that I was going to do some sort of a yard display one of these years, but I either am too tired or never have the money. This year, with two vehicle payments, I can't do anything drasticly different then what I've been doing every other year.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:46 am

My husband bought me two new strings of Halloween lights back in July, when we first saw them at Old Time Pottery. However, I haven't bought anything new since then, and I probably won't (except for pumpkins, of course). My daughter is fashioning a "gangster" type outfit out of clothes we already have, so there shouldn't be any expense for her costume. I will probably recycle one I already have, most likely a witch. Halloween won't be costing us too much this year, because we have so many decorations stored. (I am still in the process of decorating my yard.)

If we pay anything more it will be for some type of entertainment. A local community theater is putting on Dracula, & I'd like to see it. And we'll most likely attend the city's Halloween carnival. I wish I could afford a more commercial event, like a commercial haunted woods, or a corn maze, but I don't think it's in the cards for me this year. My kids will have a bonfire on someone's property with their church youth group this weekend. It won't be haunted, but it will be seasonal fun, and free.

Of course, the candy is never cheap. I'll be buying that soon.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

My Halloween costume consists of a pair of vampire fangs, which I greet the ToTers with when they come to the door. That started about 200 pounds ago because I couldn't fina anything in the way of a costume that would fit. I am thinking that one year I may go all out and rent a decent costume, though. Heck, I may even do like I did back in 'the day,' and make my own.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:I'm 18 and I'll stop when I wanna stop.
I attempted it this year but felt stupid so, that's the end of it for me.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:40 am

I didn't collect candy, but I did costume and walk up and down the highly-decorated street near me. It was wonderful fun to see all the yard haunts in action, and the kids' costumes.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm

There were some fabulous costumes, all of which were home made. Not store-bought. I didn't have as many ToTers this year due to it being a bit colder then usual, but it was still a very nice fun night. I also went on my Midnight Halloween Motorcyclr Ride, despite how cold it was.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:I wish everyone here was my neighbor. Nobody does anything cool like that in my neighborhood. :x
We soooooo need our own town! :lol:
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Jack Skellington wrote:
Pumpkin56 wrote:I wish everyone here was my neighbor. Nobody does anything cool like that in my neighborhood. :x
We soooooo need our own town! :lol:
Where EVERYONE and ANYONE, YOUNG AND OLD can trick or treat! :mrgreen:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon