Trick or Treating Dilema

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
spintop
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Trick or Treating Dilema

Post by spintop » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:21 pm

So every year, I get more and more into Halloween...I've always loved it, but I find myself being town between too many Halloween things to do.

For example, I'm 27 and obviously too old to Trick or Treat. I was thinking about heading over to the girlfriends parents house to give out candy...but then how do I watch scary movies if I'm on the front porch?

So many fun things, so little time. Isn't it the most wonderful time of the year!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Welcome Spintop. Post often. We have a great bunch of Halloween fanatics here.

In regard to your dilemma, My advice would be to do a little of both. Hand out some candy then hit the movies. Or better yet, find a kid to take trick or treating. It gives you the opportunity to dress up and still experience the thrill of the TOTing at any age. I love taking my kids every year.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

wh2205
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Trick or Treating Dilema

Post by wh2205 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:24 am

i know this is an old topic but i feel the same way. i look fwd to halloween all year but when it gets here i want to do so many things but i can do them all. i feel excited and frustrated at the same time. dose anyone else feel this way?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Why sit out on the front porch? I allwasy have scary movies going, and I also hand otu TOT Candy. I also light off orange smoke bombs and do have all kins of fun which usualy ends after my Halloween Midnight Motorcycle Ride.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed May 12, 2010 6:34 pm

I may have a solution to your problem.......

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

They should have made a sequel to that movie...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

writerpatrick
Master Reaper

Post by writerpatrick » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 am

You could do both. Kids tend to come around between 6pm and 9pm. So that leaves plenty of time afterward for a movie or two.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm

If I had kids of my own, I probably would put on a costume and TOT with them, but since I live alone, I have to hand out the candy. I have a very strict policy about TOT. ANYONE who 1. Wears a costume, 2. rings my door beel and 3. yells "Trick or Treat" gets a piece of candy. It makes no different what age the person is. 3 or 103, infant, grand parent, or Army Comando or Indian Cheif. If you come to my house in a costume on Halloween in a costume and say "Trick or Treat," you get a piece of candy. I do that, because I did myself out of a lot of TOT fun being so self consience about it when I was young. Like I said on another thread. The very last time I went Trick or Treating was Halloween of 1972. I think, but can't remember very clearly that I was dressed as a sailor.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 pm

I break up Halloween.

Anytime I'm working on props or getting things together, I put on a scary movie. Usually, I carve pumpkins and watch crappy horror films on tv.

"The big night" is when I stay home to hand out candy.

Instead of being a one-day thing, it's like a 2-week celebration. It keeps giving like Father Christmas.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Jadewalk, I start celebrating Halloween at the end of September, and keep celebrating it through the 2nd of November. My decorations went up on the 28th of Sept, and my first jack o'lantern was lit on October 1st.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 am

That is the great thing about Halloweekend! You can TOT and do all of the other fun things that go with Halloween too!

In out town, the official TOT day is Saturday. But, there are several churches and clubs offering TOT/ Fall activities on Sunday as well!!

Not to mention all of the haunted houses and corn mazes that have been going all month.

Have fun!
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

The town where my grand nieces and nephew lives in is having ToT on Saturday, and my town is doing it on Sunday, so they ToT on Saturday, and then come to my town for a 2nd dose of ToT. Afterwords we are going to have a hot dog roast in the living room fire place.

Mike

myteemouth
Zombie

Post by myteemouth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:13 am

spintop wrote:So every year, I get more and more into Halloween...I've always loved it, but I find myself being town between too many Halloween things to do.

For example, I'm 27 and obviously too old to Trick or Treat. I was thinking about heading over to the girlfriends parents house to give out candy...but then how do I watch scary movies if I'm on the front porch?

So many fun things, so little time. Isn't it the most wonderful time of the year!

Do you own a portable DVD -that would do it-I hook my up, and listen while I give out candy
Forgive me Father, for I am about to sin"-I Spit On Your Grave (2010)