No school on the day after Halloween

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Christoph777
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

No school on the day after Halloween

Post by Christoph777 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:15 pm

There should be no school on the day after Halloween. Back when I trick or treated, we were lucky if Halloween falled on a Friday or Saturday, but otherwise we HATED IT that we had to go back to school the next day. Now Im too old to trick or treat and havn't done it for some time, but for the children who do it, there should be NO SCHOOL on the day after Halloween. We should start a petition. After all, I see no reason why there would be a problem having school off the day after Halloween, for the children.

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:11 am

I agree with you. It is always such a hassle getting kids ready for school the day after. School is out here on Oct. 29th, why they did not wait a few days is beyond me.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 am

Often Halloween falls on a "Half Term" here - so the kids have the week off over Halloween. Although having said that, the worst time from my memory was when Halloween was on the Sunday of the week off - which meant not only did I have school the next day, but I had to go back after a week of fun..which just made it a whole lot worse.

And of course, in times like that, you realise that you hadn't put your school uniform in the wash or thrown away the leftovers from lunch or done your homework because you've been planning your Halloween costume all week...... :oops:

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:55 am

I don't understand why they should have school off. I mean maybe if your religion celebrated it more so then the average person does by decorating and going trick or treating then I could understand why they would have off on the day of Halloween. But I still don't think they should have off the day after when everything is done and over with. Just so they can sit at home and and stuff their faces with candy? I'm sorry but I just don't get it

Christoph777
Vampire

Post by Christoph777 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:27 pm

They should have school off the day after Halloween because that way children wouldn't have to turn in early on the night of trick or treating because of school the next day. Most teachers are kind enough not to assign homework on Halloween, at least mine were, but the best solution is to just have the next day off. That way teachers could assign homework on Halloween night, because there would be an extra day to get it done. With no school on the day after Halloween, children can stay out late trick or treating, when it gets dark and becomes really fun. Children won't have to get up early the next day for school so that way they can stay up late and stay out late and party all night. As for making it a nationwide standard for no school on the day after Halloween, we should start a petition.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:12 pm

I can't think of a reason kids would be out that late. By 9-10pm I'm tired (I have work at 6am)... so I pack up my goodies. I imagine a lot of people turn in earlier than I do... so what purpose would the kids have staying up beyond their bedtime anyway-- no one hands out candy 'till the wee hours of the am.

I always liked going to school the day after Halloween... I got to brag about all the cool candy I got and collaborate on the good houses to ToT at the following year.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:22 am

Christoph777, just how late are you expecting little children to be out? I don't think anyone ought to be ringing doorbells past 9:00.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 am

I'm sorry, Christoph777, but anyone who can even THINK of homework and Halloween in the same train of thought, needs a WHACK upside the head!

Ghost
Master Reaper

Re: No school on the day after Halloween

Post by Ghost » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:50 pm

LOL Sorry, Christoph777, but that is funny! :lol: OneEyedJack makes a good point! I usually don't like to hear about homework period! Athough if you ever do get that petition up and running, I'll be first in line!

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 pm

some teachers are nice but others... not so much, my friend's teacher assigned a 8 page project due several days after halloween ... ending my friend trapped at home working,,, i just think it would be better if we had a day off
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 pm

It'd be great if there was no school OR work on Halloween or the day after. People don't realize the importance of the holiday :wink: I generally ask for the 31st off. I just use my personal time. I haven't worked on Halloween in years.

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:41 pm

haha i wish my parents would let me get the day off
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

yandere
Ghost

Post by yandere » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:46 pm

I know what you all mean. I dis like school. but halloween is worth it

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Personally, I like the idea of Halloween being a national holiday. The stores should close, and so should the schools, that way everyone can enjoy it more. Us grown ups included!
Actually there are people who are 18 and over that I know of that still go trick or treating. It's just as fun for me to pass out the candy though. XD
I had to miss halloween once having to work. It sucked! I was working as a janitor at a school back then. Man the floors were really sticky!
I don't see why it would be closed for any religious observations (much churches I highly doubt would be happy about it) unless you count the old pagan traditions. I'd close things down more for conveniance sake. That and the stores promote halloween almost as much as Christmas. I say let everyone have a chance to celebrate it. It IS a holiday after all.
Then again I think Valintines day should be the same way. But that's just me XD;
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm

I've reached that comfortable point in adult life when I can plan any time off I want, so I usually take a long weekend for my own Halloween regardless of what day of the week it actually falls on.

work can always wait...life is too short.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.