No votes
Others
29%

Total votes: 17

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Best Trick-Or-Treat Candy?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 pm

WHen it comes to nuts, and I mean almonds, cashews, peanuts, peacans, and the like, I take after my Father. I LOVE them. That's probably why I love Snickers and Almond Joys as well.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 pm

As a child I didn't like nuts and wouldn't eat them. And we had two pecan trees in our yard! Now, of course, I love them, but I prefer them salty rather than sweet. Favorites for me include pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, & pistachios. However, we have a niece who is very allergic to cashews and really has to steer clear of all tree nuts (not peanuts, though).

I've looked it up. Cashews are akin to poison ivy and have to be roasted to be safe to eat. You never see a "raw" cashew. Lots of people are deathly allergic to them.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 am

Ok, about some nuts inside candy.... why do people say nuts are good for your health? That's why I always eaten a lot. not always chocolate nuts.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:12 am

Well, they have good nutrients (you can read on the side of the can or bag under nutritional content). Also I believe the oil they contain is a good kind of fat, not the kind that clogs your arteries.

Some people can't eat them, though. Not only are there some folks who have bad allergies, but the nuts themselves give problems to people whose digestive systems are ailing. I know that people with diverticulitis can't eat them.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Nuts are a great source of protien, but as Murph pointed out, some people must avoid them. Nuts can also be very fatening because fo the way they are cooked, which if often in oil.

My father allways loved a can of mixed nuts as a gift, regardless of the ocassion. Christmas, Easter, his Birthday, Wedding Anniversry, Fathers Day, he would allways get a can of mixed nuts. When he got older the doctor told hem he had to cut that out. It nearly broke my heart.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm

My father always had mixed nuts especially at Christmas too Mike. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:29 pm

That's why I felt so bad when the doctors told him he couldn't eat nuts any more. It was not alergies, it was a gastrol intestonal thing, but he still had to be very limited on how many nuts he could eat. And even when he would limit himself, he would still get horrendous stomach problems.

Mike