Do adults ever go trick or treating?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Do adults ever go trick or treating?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 pm

Fortunately, I live in a pretty decent neighbor hood. The worst thing that happens usually is maybe some TPing and shaving cream on the side walks. The local grocery store usually puts up signs during the month of October where simple things like eggs, toilet paper, and shaving cream are not to be sold to anyone under the age of 18. Since the prices are higher there, we usually go to the stores in the neighboring town, which is much larger by comparison and has a wal-mart and an Aldi.
People around here are also smart enough to keep our pets in. We keep our 5 cats indoors on Halloween night, and one of our neighbors has a black cat that he keeps indoors on Halloween.
The teenagers were a big obnoxious, I'll have to admit. But the crime in this town is very low. Let's just say I could walk to the gas station at night and not worry about being mugged.
I usually only do that when I want a snack, and the other store isn't open, and I don't feel like/can't drive to the store in the nearby town.
Just for old times sake, I'm tempted to go out trick or treating, and if I put on a convincing enough costume, they may not be able to tell I'm an adult. I'm pretty short, so with a mask I might be able to pass as a well...over weight to be nice...kid. I'm about 5'2"
Of course, my grandma's kind of a party pooper on Halloween...so if I'm not around to pass out candy...well...the kids won't get any from our house. That kind of makes me sad. I had to go out and buy bags of candy just so I could pass it out on Halloween because my grandma wanted nothing to do with it. But I did all the work, so she didn't mind. In the end, we also ordered a pizza to celebrate. So last year was pretty good.
Although I thought the trick or treating started at 8, turns out it started much earlier. I was unprepared! I had just gotten home from work and everything!
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 am

5 cats??? No wonder you would like to come back to life as one of them. But I like them too. I grew up with 3 cats and two Irish Setters, all of whom were the best of friends.

With God as my Whitness, we named our first cat Termites, because of the way she tore up the wood work in the basement with her claws when she was a kitten.

Then she gave birth th 3 litters before we had her spaded, and we kept one of the kittens from each litter. Bouncie, who disappeared, and Little, who grew into this HUGE Mt. Greenwood Aly cat, and then died of a Cerebral Hamorage. Finaly, Charmine, who outlived them all, but died when we moved to New Lenox.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Oh yeah. Technically they're my grandma's cats, although Mini I consider to be my cat.
But I've always loved cats. So did my grandpa...in fact if it wasn't for grandpa we wouldn't have so many cats!
I can't believe your cats name was Termites. And wow with all the kittens. It's too bad they all ended up dieing. But, I'm sure you'll see them again someday.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:40 pm

One of my fondest Christmas memories are of Termites and her kittens. I was about 9 years old, and we just put up the tree. The kittens were just barely starting to walk and climb, and the Christmas tree was THE challenge for them. By Christmas Even that tree was the rattiest, "Charlie Brown" looking tree in the world, but the kittens made it their home, and on Christmas Morning, we all opened our presents, and sang Christmas Carols around the Cat Christmas tree.

Funny, how a discussion on a Halloween forum can bring back a very fond Christmas memory in the middle of Easter week.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Awww. That sounds so cute. I would've wanted a picture of the kittens in the tree.
I've got a cute one of my cat somewhere next to a small tree we put out one year because my grandma didn't feel like getting the big tree out. It would've made a cute Christmas card.

I laughed when I read your comment. A fond Christmas Memory on a Halloween Forum in the Middle of Easter week. I suppose one could say that all holidays share something in common...they're fun...they give you something to look forward to...and they are different than just an ordinary day of the week.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 pm

I agree. Christmas may not be my favorite holiday, but I do love it. I loved it when I was a kid, and I love having my tree trimming party in December for all the little ones who brithgen up all holidays of the year. There are some old home movies of the kittens in the Christmas Tree burried in my memorbelia closet which I am going to transfer to DVD one of these years.

And yes, Holidays do give us something to look forward to and something to look back on.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Of course, adults and children can go out TOTing together - it's like family fun! :D

They can have pizza, wings, chips, candies, cupcakes, fruit punch and everything for Halloween party. They can collect as many candy as they can from TOTing. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:57 am

Since my surgery, I have to be really careful about what and how I eat, but I am still going to put up my Halloween decorations at the end of September, and I am still going to have one heck of a grand time. I am going to go to as many haunted places as I can get to this October to make up for the "treats" that I won't be able to eat this year.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:Since my surgery, I have to be really careful about what and how I eat, but I am still going to put up my Halloween decorations at the end of September, and I am still going to have one heck of a grand time. I am going to go to as many haunted places as I can get to this October to make up for the "treats" that I won't be able to eat this year.

Mike

Aww. that's sad... It's not easy to eat so much treats. I hope you will do much better next year. :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Well, I do kind of miss my candy, but since the surgery I did lose over 60 pounds and counting. I'll probably already broke the 300 pound barrier, and I just might break the 250 pound barier by Halloween of this year.

By next June, I actualy have a hope of getting down to a normal weight for the first time since I was in high school, so it's worth giving up the candy. And I'm saving money hand over fist to boot.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:03 pm

I hope you do feel little better right now. I guess you have to eat less from now and on. ;)

I do like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and M&M's Peanuts. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm not totaly banned from eating my favorite foods. I can start having complex carbs after Ilose 80% of the weight that I need to lose. But I do have to eat a lot less of it, and learn to buy in small quantities.

Mike

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Hell yes I TOT!!!! I'm 5'2 and when I put a costume on, I look like a child. WOOOO HOOOO. I think that is the only reason I like being short. :wink:
The Night HE Came Home

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Ha ha! You lucky dog! Though I'm probably not the tallest girl on the block, being 5'8" I can't pass for a kiddie! Darn it ! :P

I'd pass out candy to anyone in the "spirit" on our favorite night, too!
Celebrate Life!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I think the oldest group of TOTers I ever had at my door were around 18 give or take. I consider that to be an adult. I've never had some one my age, or in their 20s or 30s come to my door in a Halloween costume, unless they had a child with them.

Mike