The WORST thing you ever got in your Trick or Treat Bag

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

The WORST thing you ever got in your Trick or Treat Bag

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:40 pm

What was the worst thing you ever found in your Trick or Treat bag after getting home from TOT and going through your candy. This includes the lamest, most boring, most dangerous, worst tasting, most disgusting, or anything that you thought was a TRUELY BAD CHOICE to hand out to TOTers.

Here is my list of the top 3 things that I thought was completely inappropriate to hand out for a TOT>

1. A ticket. It was one of those cardboard cupons that had "admit one" printed on one side and was blank on the other. The guy just had a roll of them and was handing them out to the TOTers.

2. An advertising flyer for an automobile dealership. This guy was actualy handing out flyers advertising the car dealorship that he worked at as a salesman. I was 10 at the time, so it's not like I was planning on buying a car.

3. An apple with a bite taken out of it. Yes, some guy was eating an apple, didn't like it for some reason, and when I rang his door bell, he threw this apple with a huge bite taken out of it right into my TOT bag. When he closed the door, I took it out of the bag and dropped it onto his porch.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: The WORST thing you ever got in your Trick or Treat Bag

Post by Rising Dead Man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:41 pm

OK! Those guys are morons!!

I hate it when someone gives me raisins! Hello! Halloween is for CANDY!! :roll:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Well if you come to my house this year, it will either be a Nestles Crunch bar or a Buttfinger. I was going to go with lolly pops like I did last year, but this is the last Halloween before I have my Bariatric Surgery. After that surgery, it's no more processed sugar of any kins, so I am going to get candy that I like this year, and then lolly pops from that point on.

Mike

GucciGirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by GucciGirl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:26 pm

A toothbrush!!!! How brutal is that.....

However, the BEST was this apartment that was sort of tucked away...the ppl there didn't want kids knocking on the door and stuff, so they just used to get a big basket and fill it up with Mr. Big chocolate bars. Like FULL BARS!!! And they put a note saying "Please be respectful and take only one bar. When the basket is empty, we have no candy left, so do not ring doorbell."

So of course, everyone would always take like 5 bars and run!!! HAHAHA

Shadowcat365
Zombie

Post by Shadowcat365 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm

I think one of the worst things I got was a rock hard year old as big as my head popcorn ball. There was also this guy who sat there dressed as a scare crow with a bowl of candy who would chase the the kids away before he gave them the candy. He made my brother and cousin cry.
ImageImageImage

Twilight. Yeah, I'm one of them.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Sheesh there are some real morons out there! A big year old popcorn ball! How pathetic is that?!?!? :shock:
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 pm

That is pretty pathetic. That can actualy be bad for you to boot. Who knows where that pop corn ball was stored for the entire year. I think I would rather get the flyer from the car dealership.

Mike

sweet_punk_angel
Ghost

Post by sweet_punk_angel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 pm

the worst ive ever gotten would have to be a pack of soup crackers, they werent even the orange peanut butter ones just plain old soup crackers!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Weird weird weird...... :roll:
~Nicholas Gordon

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:47 am

I've had two horrible experiences. One was a package of mini-blueberry muffins, and the next year I got chocolate-dipped pretzels (bad combination, trust me). That's all I can remember, but I'm sure there were more...
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am

The worst? It has to be a penny. All the other houses gave out sweets and a £ or two but this one guy gave me, my brother and my friend a penny. One penny and nothing else. From a jar.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:20 am

When I was a kid, I use to love it when I got pennies, however, this back in the 60s and early 70s, when you could actualy walk into a "penny candy" store and buy something. the Mt. Greenwood Cleaners had a gum ball machine that only cost a penny and you would get two little squares of chewing gum. The price never changed, even after we moved to New Lenox in 1978, you could still get two squares of chewing gum for onc cent out of that gum ball machine.

Today, giving some one a penny is like the guy who gave out those worthless tickets.

Mike

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Which is why I was annoyed. I mean I would have been happier with horrible tasting candy but at least he acctually bothered to answer the door, unlike most people where I went last year.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:09 pm

That's pretty sad indeed, if nobody even bothers to answer the door in your area. Trick or Treat seems to be dieing off in a lot of places due to fear mongering in the media, or just plain apathy. A lot of beloved traditions are being lost in the name of so called "progress" and nef-fangled ideas that it's time to be more "modern" and replace all of our time-honored traditions with brand new "modernistic" ones like "Trick or Trunk."

A lot of land lords are making rules against people having decorations up out side, and some even prohibit having a real Christmas tree because insurance companies are pimping them for extra money in the name of "fire safety." Yep, our society wants everything to be "modern," and if you don't go along with it, you're an "unenlightened old fuddy-duddy" who can't except change.

Mike

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:Trick or Treat seems to be dieing off in a lot of places due to fear mongering in the media, or just plain apathy. A lot of beloved traditions are being lost in the name of so called "progress" and new-fangled ideas that it's time to be more "modern" and replace all of our time-honored traditions with brand new "modernistic" ones like "Trick or Trunk." A lot of land lords are making rules against people having decorations up outside. Yep, our society wants everything to be "modern".
Christ. I've never heard it put that way before, nor even heard of half of the stuff you said. Seriously, wow. I had no idea Halloween was becoming such an "I don't care anymore" holiday. If you don't mind, could you please expand on this for me? Like what is "Trick or Trunk"? and what is the media saying that is causing "fear"? and What do you mean modern?

Just to go back to the topic of this post, if people don't have decorations, or even a pumpkin, chances are, they won't have candy either so they'll give you <deleted> that's lying around. It's those silly christian folk that don't care for Halloween that really tick me off, as shown in this post which says al of our beliefs oh so clearly: No... It's an Art. Happy Halloween everyone, and seriously, keep this holiday an art, or we'll end up culture-less.
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street