Trick-or-Treating Hours

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Trick-or-Treating Hours

Post by iHaunt » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:04 pm

So what is your trick-or-treating hours in your own area? City and state?

Mine in Norfolk, Virginia - TOTing hours has been reset for the 2009 Halloween season from 5:30pm until 8:00pm.

CannibalsOnCannabis
Crypt Keeper

Re: Trick-or-Treating Hours

Post by CannibalsOnCannabis » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Up here in Maine, well, hours just don't seem to matter anymore because so very few people are even going out lately. Funny, even though Halloween is quickly becoming the most popular holiday in the country, there are less and less trick-or-treaters every year. Last Hallows Eve, I went out and saw only three or four children in my neighborhood (what a freaking travesty). People are just too scared to let their children out alone, I think, and too lazy to tag along.
What this world needs is for every man, woman, and child to watch 'The Halloween Tree', and trick-or-treating will once again be the magical event it once was.

the night pumpkin
Vampire

Post by the night pumpkin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:36 pm

trick or treating in Kelowna B.C. is around 5.30 to 8:30 pm and here too the people are to scared to let the kids out....the mall is a big thing here. SO LAME!!!!!! but if i get even three kids iam happy. i just love carving pumpkins and decorating my house!

Pooder
Crypt Keeper

Post by Pooder » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 am

I have lived in 3 different states and TOTers usually start right after dinner. I remember when i was little coming home from school already in my costume ready to go and begging my mom to eat dinner early, that's back when kids could actually wear their costumes to school without fear of it being innapropriate.

Here's something else, I have a rule for my TOTers. NO COSTUME, NO CANDY!!!! Am I being unfair? And believe me I stick to it. Well, the only people that have the nerve to go TOTing without a costume are teenagers who have yet to grasp the concept of how expensive candy can be. Put some effort into it people! It's amazing my house hasn't been egged yet.
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!

Pooder
Crypt Keeper

Post by Pooder » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:43 am

CannibalsOnCannabis wrote:Up here in Maine, well, hours just don't seem to matter anymore because so very few people are even going out lately. Funny, even though Halloween is quickly becoming the most popular holiday in the country, there are less and less trick-or-treaters every year. Last Hallows Eve, I went out and saw only three or four children in my neighborhood (what a freaking travesty). People are just too scared to let their children out alone, I think, and too lazy to tag along.
What this world needs is for every man, woman, and child to watch 'The Halloween Tree', and trick-or-treating will once again be the magical event it once was.
AGREED!!!
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am

Never heard of set hours for TOT's? Usually we start getting the real little ones about 6 PM or so. Get the last of them usually before 9 PM.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Why does everyone have fairly good trick-or-treat hours but me? Around here (Southwestern PA) it starts at noon on the Saturday before Halloween and ends around 2 PM. Last year's was slightly better and was in the evening on Halloween (the way it should be!), but only because it rained on the original day. -_-

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:14 am

CannibalsOnCannabis wrote:Up here in Maine, well, hours just don't seem to matter anymore because so very few people are even going out lately. Funny, even though Halloween is quickly becoming the most popular holiday in the country, there are less and less trick-or-treaters every year. Last Hallows Eve, I went out and saw only three or four children in my neighborhood (what a freaking travesty). People are just too scared to let their children out alone, I think, and too lazy to tag along.

Considering for a fact that i live in an apartment and there is plenty of little kids but not so much at all. it only last for about 5 seconds of trick or treaters and thats it. what a record for the lowest trick or treaters for an apartment residential area lol. :D besides people take their kids trick or treating in their cars instead of walking.
hello

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:46 am

not sure when the hours are this yr. usually they're 6-8 pm, but since it falls on a saturday i don't know if the hours are extended.
trick or treat

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am

since halloween is going to be on a saturday i think there is going to be a lot of kids this year.
hello

Wicked Witch
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked Witch » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:13 am

I really really hope so - It is so much fun to see them going around in their costumes and seeing them wonder if something is going to jump out at them. Or drop on their shoulder (we had a spider that dropped periodicaly)....LOL
The Wicked Witch

GrahamWellington
Ghost

Post by GrahamWellington » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 am

Denver, CO is usually 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Since Halloween is on a Saturday this year, I'm sure they will allow TOT to start earlier, but they don't like it when people TOT too much after dark. I will give out candy all the way until midnight, but at midnight I go for my Halloween Motorcycle ride, IF it's not raining.

I do plan to have all of my monster classics and plenty of "Dark Shadows" eps ready to go for most of the day.

Mike

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 am

We never have Trick-or-Treating here in the evening. The one exception was last year, because it rained on the day it was originally planned. We always have it the Saturday before Halloween (or this year probably on Halloween) from noon to around 2 PM. I live in southwestern PA for the record.

Killing is my bussiness..
Zombie

Post by Killing is my bussiness.. » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 am

I hope it's a good year ! I usualy get kids right after school lets out. It being a Saturday this year should work well. Hope the warm weather holds out......
And bussiness is good !!!