Trick-or-Treating Hours

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Trick-or-Treating Hours

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Halloween is going to be a blast this year being on a Saturday. I just hope that the weather is nice and clear so I can go for my Midnight Halloween Hauntd Motorcycle Ride down old Route 66.

Mike

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:15 pm

iHaunt wrote:So what is your trick-or-treating hours in your own area? City and state?

Mine in Norfolk, Virginia - TOTing hours has been reset for the 2009 Halloween season from 5:30pm until 8:00pm.
It's used to be about 6pm-8pm but now because of the halloween festival it's about 5:30pm-6pm, but I don't know anymore because last year we got no TOTers :(

jerseygirl13
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by jerseygirl13 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 pm

If it's on a weekday, it's from whenever time kids are out of school (Around 3 or 4?) until 8 pm. If it's on a weekend, I believe it's from noon to 8 pm, but I don't remember cuz I was young the last time there was a weekend Halloween.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I really hope they extend the TOT hours in my town this year. The cops are usualy the ones in charge of it, and they usualy keep a pretty tight damper on it. 4:00 to 7:00 are the customery hours. I was hoping that when they post-poned the return to standard time last year, that they could go at least to 8, but no dice. Since it's on a Saturday this year, however, there is some hope, but I doubt it.

Mike

Angelique
Ghost

Post by Angelique » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 am

We have a sign up with Trick Or Treating hours but generally accept Trick Or Treaters from 4:00pm until 9:00pm. There are schools not far away and some kids would come in their school uniform and try their luck. I have no idea what time they will try to show up for Trick Or Treating this year because Halloween is on a Saturday. I may alter the sign for Trick Or Treating to begin from about 1.00pm (because we only decorate the yard on the day of Halloween, we'll need the morning to prepare). I'm from Adelaide, South Australia, there's not too many places to Trick Or Trick in my area.

Angelique

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:33 pm

yea 4 to 8 is the usual here
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

TOT hors in my town are strictly up to the police department, with the cheif having the final word. We are still waiting for a decision from them regarding the TOT hours fot shis year. Customerily it's 3 to 7, but they may extend it due to Halloween being on a Saturday.

Mike